When Considering a Breast Lift W/a Silicone Implant No More 230 Cc, is It Best to Place Submuscular? Or Subglandular? (photo)

And which of the two will make mammography difficult to read breast cancer

Submuscular or Subglandular

+1

Great question.   With any breast augmentation and lift, I recommend submuscular implant placement.   I always perform an auto-augmentation technique with my breast lift, as i feel this removes tension off your skin and allows for a longer lasting result.    If an implant is placed on top of the muscle after this tissue rearrangement, you will have a high chance of implant migration/malposition and it will be difficult to suture the breast tissue to the chestwall.    

Therefore, the only way I could place your implants above the muscle would be to compromise your breast lift result and perform a skin only lift, which will not last long at all.

Hence, I always place the implant under the muscle in a carefully dissected pocket that will minimize my risk of implant malposition, and allow me to perform tissue rearrangement with the breast lift.

Dr. Gill

Would go subfascial if you added implants to your breast lift

+1

I feel strongly that partial or total submuscular would in fact be a poor choice for you as

1. your breasts are relatively low in natural position on your chest in relation to where your pectoralis muscle actually is, and you would have minimal (at best) coverage of the implant with the kind of dual plane position some here are advocating. It would be the worst of tradeoff in terms of pain and animation for no benefit.

2. you would be likely to have issues with early recurrent ptosis with the glandular tissue sliding off the muscle, again based on the level of you breast tissue as it relates to your pectoralis muscle

With the amount of distance you need to move the nipple-areola, you might be someone I'd consider suggesting  doing a staged mastopexy (lift) and revisit the implant issue down the road. While I'm a big fan of single stage mastopexy-augmentation, you can tell that you will be a hard case to predictably get a great result in.

Robert Oliver Jr., MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

When Considering a Breast Lift W/a Silicone Implant No More 230 Cc, is It Best to Place Submuscular? Or Subglandular?

+1

The implant would be better placed in the submuscular plane.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations and breast lifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.                                                                         Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

There are modern techniques than avoid scars and prevents breast cancer

+1

REQUIREMNTS  FOR SURGERY " MASTOPEXY AUGMENTATION  SURGERY"(the only resulting scar stays hiding into the areola it doesnt affect sensibility even lactancy and prevents BREASTS CANCER)
1.- OVERWEIGHT NO MORE THAN 10% IN EXCESS ACORDING TO YOUR AGE  AND HEIGHT.
2.- BREASTS SEIZE NO MORE THAN TYPE C ( SEIZE E NOT POSSIBLE) THAT MEANS BREASTS TOO BIG NOT POSSIBLE EXCEPT WITH  INVERTED "T" SCARS RESULTING
3.-NO DIABETICS, CARDIAC PROBLEM, BLEEDING PROBLEM
4.-PREOP. LAB TEST OK DONE  HERE
5.-ANY VIT-E, ANY ASPIRIN, ANY HERB,  ANY GARLIC, ANY SMOKING  SINCE  15 DAYS BEFORE
THE NORMAL COSTS  EVERYTHING INCLUDED IT IS :$5,500 USD (TAX,HOSPITAL, ANESTHESIST,SCRUBBERS,GARMENT, PATHOLOGY,LAB TEST, SURGEON, WOUND CARE,  MEDICINES INTO THE HOSPITAL)   and  there  you surely will find  more  information related on procedure or:  my tel :011-52-999-9273563 / 9275951  east time ( office hours 9 to 13 or 17 to 20 hrs ) mon to sat.
NICE  TALKING  WITH YOU DR  RAMON NAVARRO  

Up the moment i doesnt exsists any eternal breasts implants/hasta el momento no exsisten implantes mamarios eternos
doing by retromuscular way  is quite painful, they look huge and begin to fall down i would recommend to put the new ones by areolar aproache, retiring the old ones,putting in a subfascial way, and spetial modern implants coheisive gel, high projection 5-6 texturized, anatomical or "water-drop" phorm and with this method with less weight you will look the same old volume but with higher projection, besides prevents breast CA, take a look to the video down lines

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant and lift combination

+1

Hello;

When undergoing a combined breast augmentation and lift it would be safer to place the implants in a sub muscular or dual plane (partially sub muscular) position

thank you

Ali Adibfar, MD, DDS

Breast lift with a submuscular implant placement

+1

With your particular anatomy a submuscular position of the implant along with a breast lift would be optimal.  

+1

Submuscular placement is the accepted approach in your case in my opinion. But only IN PERSON full examination allows for a more exact determination.///

Position for a small breast implant and lift

+1

What we consider is the size of the implant and the available breast tissue to cover, and the skin envelope of the breast. If the implant is added to push upper fill, you might do better with a subglandular implant as there will be a better marriage between implant and breast if the implant needed is small. A submuscular implant might be held back by the muscle and the breast might move independently over the implant, a disconnect between the two.

Breast lift and implant

+1

I usually place the implant behind the muscle with a breast lift. This is better for a mammogram as well. I just feel this approach gives a better result.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Is It Best to Place Submuscular? Or Subglandular?

+1

Advantages of under the muscle include:

•implants more likely to stay soft

•breasts look more natural (at least at rest)

•fewer ripples, harder to feel the implant

•mammography a bit better--less breast is hidden

Advantages of above the muscle
•no animation (movement of implant when chest muscles are flexed)

•less discomfort after surgery (just a couple of days)

For weight lifters, body builders, the disadvantage of animation may trump the advantages of submuscular placement. Otherwise, absent some unusual anatomic situation most surgeons prefer submuscular placement.

All the best