When Can You Get BBL and TT Surgery After Pregnancy? (photo)

I was wondering how long I would have to wait to schedule consults and to get the actual surgery for the BBL and TT after pregnancy. I'm 28 weeks and anxious to get my body back after having 3 babies (11yrs, 10yrs, 1yr) and one on the way. I won't be breastfeeding so I'm not sure how or if that will make a difference or not. Also if I should lose weight after having the baby? I'm 5'3" and I normally get down to 150 with no problems after having the baby and work out to lose the rest.

Mommy Makeover

+4
Thank you fo your question. I would recommend waiting at least 6 months after childbearing to proceed with a mommy makeover. This should be a reasonable amount of time to return to your baseline weight, complete breast feeding and adjust to your new arrival.  You will need significant help at home after surgery with three young children.  You will need the support of family members to make your recovery smooth.  Discuss this with your loved ones, seek consultation and begin the planning process. All the best.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

When Can You Get BBL and TT Surgery After Pregnancy?

+2

This depends on how fast you return to your pre-pregnancy weight, but I usually recommend waiting at least six months.  Especially if you have had a C-section.

Ruben B. Abrams, MD, FACS

How long after child birth do you have to wait for BBL or Tummy Tuck?

+2

The goal is to get back to your pre pregnancy weight or at least close to your ideal body weight.  You have to be in good health and recovered from your pregnancy.  Many docs recommend a minimum of 6 months.

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

Cosmetic surgery after pregnancy

+2

My rules of thumb for timing surgery after pregnancy are as follows:

At least three normal menstrual cycles;

Weight stable for 3 months.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

How long to wait for elective cosmetic surgery following pregnancy

+2

This is a common question and has no specific answer.  You need to wait until your body returns to its pre-pregnancy condition.  This is usually 4 - 6 months. These procedures are major operations and you want to be in excellent physical condition to reduce the risks.   

+2

You could have surgery as early as 3 months following childbirth, but each individual recovers differently.  Therefore, depending upon how you feel, you may want to schedule consultations at about 2 months after pregnancy or so.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts and tummy tucks each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Mummy makeover

+2

Hi Mommyof3

In Australia, abdominoplasties and breast lifts are not funded (even in part) by our Medicare until 12 months after their last baby. You've said you were not planning to breast feed, but should you choose to, I would wait at least 6 months after you stop breast feeding until you have any breast surgery.

The wait after pregnancy/breast feeding is all about allowing your tissues to get back to a more normal state. The closer you can get to your ideal weight, the better your results will be, and the more stable they will be over time.]

Good luck with everything!!

Dr Gavin Sandercoe

Gavin Sandercoe, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

How long after pregnancy can I have a TT and BBL?

+2

Congratulations on your pregnancy and good luck! I usually recommend waiting 3-6 months following the completion of pregnancy before performing cosmetic surgery, especially a TT. I would also recommend losing most of the excess weight. You should then consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with extensive experience performing a TT and BBL. 

George Lefkovits, MD

Cosmetic Surgery After Pregnancy

+2

I usually recommend waiting 3-6 months after delivering your baby before you proceed with any body contour surgery.  This allows your hormones to return to pre pregnancy levels which affects your body shape.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

BBL and tummy tuck after pregnancy

+2

Thank you for your question.  In general it is best to wait a minimum of six months before undergoing this type of surgery after pregnancy.  Each situation can be different.  Also, please make certain that your weight has stabilized.

See a well-qualified surgeon in your area.  I hope this helps.  Good luck!

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS