When Can I Do Ballet After Breast Implants?

I had implants on Thursday. Jan 3rd. I want to start a beginning ballet class starting soon. When can I start the class? I want to try out for my college dance team in April!

Ballet after Breast Augmentation

+1

Most plastic surgeons would recommend a rest period of 4 to 6 weeks following breast augmentation before strenuous activity can be continued.

+1

This question is best directed to your own surgeon. 

The usual instructions from most surgeons is to avoid heavy exertion for 6 weeks after surgery. By that time, healing wounds have achieved 90% of the strength they will achieve, and that is the basis for the delay until then.

Thanks for your question, best wishes. 

Hello

+1

Usually in our practice we tell our patients to wait for 6-8 weeks to do heavy lifting or exercising. You should ask your PS when you will be cleared to return to normal activities.  

Returning to Ballet after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure. Your plastic surgeon will be your  best  resource when it comes to advising you about  timing to return to specific activities;  remember that he/she knows your situation best ( for example whether or not you are experiencing any complications), will have a better understanding of exactly what activities you wish to return to, and is ultimately responsible for your care.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm