When Can I Do Ballet After Breast Implants?

I had implants on Thursday. Jan 3rd. I want to start a beginning ballet class starting soon. When can I start the class? I want to try out for my college dance team in April!

Ballet after Breast Augmentation

+1

Most plastic surgeons would recommend a rest period of 4 to 6 weeks following breast augmentation before strenuous activity can be continued.

+1

This question is best directed to your own surgeon. 

The usual instructions from most surgeons is to avoid heavy exertion for 6 weeks after surgery. By that time, healing wounds have achieved 90% of the strength they will achieve, and that is the basis for the delay until then.

Thanks for your question, best wishes. 

Hello

+1

Usually in our practice we tell our patients to wait for 6-8 weeks to do heavy lifting or exercising. You should ask your PS when you will be cleared to return to normal activities.  

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Returning to Ballet after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure. Your plastic surgeon will be your  best  resource when it comes to advising you about  timing to return to specific activities;  remember that he/she knows your situation best ( for example whether or not you are experiencing any complications), will have a better understanding of exactly what activities you wish to return to, and is ultimately responsible for your care.