When Can I Get Back to Weight Lifting and Surfing After a Brazilian Butt Lift?

I have heard many different views on when it's ok to exercise post BBL but none directly relating to surfing?

Returning to exercise after a Brazilian butt lift

+1

The Brazilian butt lift is beautiful and effective way to contour your torso, create a flat tummy, a small waist, sculpted back, full hips, and round new bottom. In our practice here in Miami, we tell our patients that the postoperative recovery is a very important step in achieving the results you are looking for. We recommend that the patients avoid placing pressure on to their bottoms for at least three weeks after their surgery and to keep this in mind when modifying their activity. During this period, the patients may swim, walk, and run. However they are not allowed to perform exercise that requires sitting or placing a lot of pressure on their bottom such as weightlifting. Be sure to review your concerns with your plastic surgeon and let them know exactly the type of exercise you would like to perform so that they can give you appropriate recommendations.

What is possible after Brazilian Butt Lift and what is best are sometimes different...

+1

Hi there-

While I think it is possible for you to exercise as soon as 3 weeks after your Brazilian Butt Lift, if you were my patient I would ask you to wait significantly longer than this, and the exact time would depend on your progress through the recovery period and your examination on your follow up visits.

In other words, I think it is important to tailor the postoperative regimen to the patient's needs and progress, but there is no question in my mind that in order to achieve the best outcome you should be patient and not risk losing any of those precious fat cells.

Armando Soto, MD

Recovery from Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

After surgery, we generally recommend that you give yourself at least three to four weeks of recovery before high impact activity.  However, even the day after surgery, we recommend walking and starting light cardio to help with circulation.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

3 weeks

+1

Hi there - generally speaking 3 weeks is when patient can begin exertiona activities again after liposuction and fat grafting.  You'll want to have a pretty light day the first time you go out surfing, maybe 1/3 of the usual time you would spend out.  Then watch your body the following day for any increase in soreness or swelling.  It any of that happens, just wait a bit more.  If not, then you're good to go to ramp up your activities further until you should be doing all of your regular surfing, exercising and activities at 5-6 weeks after surgery.  Best of luck!  For good candidates, this is one of the most satisfying procedures around for both the patient and the surgeon.

Scott W. Mosser, MD