When Can I Go Back to Walking Around the Track After Liposuction?

I had my Love Handles Sides and Lower Abs done 12 days ago and I want to know do I have to wait 6-8 weeks before I go back outside and start walking around the track again? I want the best results and don't want to rush anything. I just want to know when is the right time for me to start exercising again.

Working Out After Lipo

+2

I recommend my patients wait one week after liposuction before they restart a work out routine.  At one week post op you may begin light cardio (walking).  You may find that you do not have as much stamina as before surgery.  This is to be expected; don't push yourself.  You may increase intensity and duration over the next couple of weeks.  I also recommend wearing the compression garment provided by your surgeon when you are exercising.  This will cut down on swelling.

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Exercise after lipo

+2

The key to returning to exercise after surgery is to progress slowly.  I would say that walking around a track at this point would be fine.  Start slowly and see how you feel.  I would recommend speaking with your plastic surgeon as well, just to make sure that he/she agrees you are ready to begin exercise again.  Good luck to you!

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Exercise after lipo

+1

Usually the recovery and return to exercise is quicker after liposuction.  You should ask your doctor before starting.