Whats Best when Considering Aerola Reduction?

I'd like areola reduction and currently have 450cc high profile saline implants under the muscle. I'd sometime in the future also want my implant size reduced but for now only the areolas. Will the benelli lift spread the areolas more? Why does my surgeon say it won't and others say it will? Who is right?? Also, is my goal realistic without changing the implant size yet? Thank you

Areolar reduction

+1

The best way to prevent areolar widening after with an areolar reduction is to use a non-absorbable suture such as Gore-Tex. This suture is soft and will retain the areolar diameter over time. The areolar skin typically heals quite well, but there may be a slightly visible scar. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person consultation.

Dr.Bruno

Areolar reduction-is it worth the scar?

+1

A circumferential reduction of the areola can be performed but there is a significant chance the scar or areola may widen again.Because of this I use this approach sparingly in my practice and mainly for people who really need the skin tightening. It may not be worth the risk of scars in your case, but you should discuss it with your surgeon.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Areola reduction, Benelli lift

+1

You need to have excess skin or some looseness to reduce the size of the areola. If it is very tight now, then most any lift that is done will probably cause the areola as well as the scars to spread. If you breasts are tight, then as you mentioned, reducing the size of the implant would then should give you enough looseness to reduce the areola. The Benelli is one way of doing this but you need to see someone who has experience in this method. Sometimes the areolas end up even larger than before with bad scars!

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Benelli lift can reduce areolar size but only so much

+1
The Benelli lift removes skin around the areola to lift the breast or some of the areola itself to reduce it. But the pull of the closure acts to stretch the areola out as well. Which force predominates and how much the size can be reduced depends on the individual situation. You have to be physically evaluated by a plastic surgeon with experience to predict what results are possible for you.

Daryl K. Hoffman, MD
Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon