Would I be a good candidate for rhinoplasty? (Photo)

Love to get my nose done for many years now but I don't know what nose would look the best

Reduction rhinoplasty is a good choice

+2
Sure you are an anatomical candidate for a reduction rhinoplasty.  You nose likely is a bit large for your other facial features.  So the simple answer is that you are a reasonable rhinoplasty candidate.   You need to go have 3 consultations with  ABPS-FACS surgeons.    There is notghing like a live one on one when it comes to almost all plastic surgery.  My Best,  Dr C

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

How do I know if I am a good Rhinoplasty candidate?

+2
Thanks for your question,

This is a pretty loaded question and can really be taken two ones. (1) Are you healthy and a good candidate for a cosmetic (ie non-medical) procedure and/or (2) do you have a nasal defect that can be fixed. 

For 1, that really depends on your health. I never recommend a rhinoplasty to anyone with a potentially life threatening problem. I think this is obvious, but it is crutial when considering cosmetic surgery. Only a conversation with your surgeon can determine this. 

#2 - this is in itself a loaded question. It really depends what you like. Its always difficult with online photos, but to me you seem like someone who has some features that certainly can be improved to suit your face and bring things into balance. there are many options and if you were to see someone in person, they would likely provide some excellent advice. 

|good luck!

Dr Bonaparte

James Bonaparte, MD, MSc, FRCSC
Ontario Facial Plastic Surgeon

Good candidate for rhinoplasty?

+2
I think a rhinoplasty could produce nice natural changes if done right.  On your photos, I see some flaring of nostrils and elevation of the nostril rims.  The cartilages that form the sidewalls of your nose (above the nostril rim) are pointing upward instead of outward.  Correcting this would reduce the shadowing and pinched look around the tip.  Lowering the bridge would help balance things.  You should see an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon to discuss.  Good luck!

Matthew Bridges, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

Subtle Changes Would Look Good

+1
I think that you are a good candidate for a rhinoplasty. On profile, your nose is a little large for your face, with a convex profile. A subtle slope or a straight nose is more pleasing. On your straight-on view, your nose looks very nice, but your nostrils are a little flaring. It is important for you to tell your surgeon what you want, but a smaller nose with subtle improvements to the shape would look nice and natural. Best wishes!

Thomas A. Mustoe, MD, FACS

Good Candidate for Rhinoplasty?

+1
From the photos you've provided, it seems that you would be a suitable candidate for rhinoplasty. I encourage you to seek out a board certified plastic surgeon who can examine your nose and provide you with computer imaging that would allow both of you to view possible results. At that time, you can also discuss the goals you have and the look you'd like to achieve. He or she can then share with you his or her surgical approach. Best of luck!

Michael A. Epstein, MD

Rhinoplasty candidate for dorsal hump reduction and columellar show

+1
The photographs demonstrate that you are a good candidate to reduce the size of your nose,  but this is a very personal  decision and only you can answer whether or not you want to proceed with the  rhinoplasty procedure. Reducing the dorsal hump, projection of the nose and columellar show would be 3 areas of prime concern during the rhinoplasty procedure. Computer imaging would also help  you significantly  understand what your new nose would look like on your facial features. It is best to make 3 appointments with busy rhinoplasty surgeons to get an understanding of the procedure. For many examples, please see the link below

Good candidate for a rhinoplasty

+1
Thank you for your questions and for posting it photographs.  From reviewing your photographs you would be a good candidate for a rhinoplasty.  The procedure may involve refining the tip of your nose.  Computer

Would I be a good candidate for rhinoplasty?

+1
Thanks for the complete series of photos. And YES a full rhinoplasty can achieve a better result....

+1
    The nose can be reduced in size with a rhinoplasty.  It will be helpful to discuss the goals you have for your nose as well. 

Rhinoplasty Candidate

+1
If you are a healthy lady, based on your photos you are an excellent candidate for Rhinoplasty surgery.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who is highly trained in nasal surgery for your best result.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD