Is It Normal To Have Lumps on My Sides 3 Weeks Post- BBL?

I am 3wks post op after bbl. I had vaser lipo to my sides, back and hips. I have no complaints about my butt or contour, but when I rub my hand down my sides I feel lumps. And i'm wondering if this is normal? Will it go away? Did my surgeon do something wrong? I called their office and I was told not to worry and that I would be evaluated at my next appt. This is my very first surgical procedure and i'm scared. I hope nothing is seriously wrong. Can I get some feedback please?

Uneven Feel under the skin 3 weeks after liposuction

+1

Hi there-

So soon after your surgery, it is very difficult to say whether you are feeling swelling in the tissues or true contour irregularities. Most likely it is swelling though.

It is also not unusual for swelling after any liposuction procedure to take up to 3 months to go away.

In any case, I would not want you to panic so early after surgery- you have a lot of healing ahead of you, and maintaining a good relationship with your surgeon will be important in the successful navigation of the recovery period.

Follow all of the instructions you are given very carefully and after the appropriate healing period if the problem persists, discuss it with your surgeon.

Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Vaser or any liposuction procedure may have a few lumps as you heal.  They usually dissipate after 2-3 months and can be accelerated with Vasershape treatments.  They are completely normal and will go away in time.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Lumps after a Brazilian butt lift

+1

It is very common to have lumps and asymmetries in the first month after a Brazilian butt lift. During liposuction, a lot of the fat is removed by the suction cannula. The avulsion movement causes inflammation and some damage to the surrounding tissue. After the Brazilian butt lift, you whole body will swell significantly and you body will feel like a smoke ham. This is very normal. Swelling and lumps will improve with time. Make sure to massage the area, this will help with the healing process and decrease the swelling and lumpiness. 

Wilberto Cortes, MD

Brazilian butt lift and lumps after surgery

+1

Lumps after surgery is not unusual and is most likely swelling. The other thing to consider is  the garment. if the garment is folding you sit down  it may cause indentation and lumps.

Check with your doctor and see if massage will help and make sure your garment is smooth. In my patients it's more important for them to have a smooth garment than a tight garment. Don't worry you're still very early after surgery.

Wendell Perry, MD

Lumps after a Brazilian but lift

+1

FEELING some lumps after three weeks from a Brazilian butt lift is quite normal.  The bumpines is due to swelling and healing.  It will resolve with time.  Your surgeon will advise you if any massage is indicated.

Talmage J. Raine MD FACS

Talmage J. Raine, MD

Is it normal to have lumps on my sides three weeks after a Brazilian Butt Lift?

+1

When performing a Bazilian Butt Lift there is a modified form of liposuction performed in order to obtain the donor fat. The liposuction, sometimes, can result in lumps which are usually temporary. This is generally due to developing scar tissue underneath the skin. This usually subsides after several months and is not something to be worried about. Postoperative massage and ultrasound teratments can usually expedite its resolution. We recommend this treatment to all our patients undergoing the brazilan Butt lift.

George Lefkovits, MD