What's Your Opinion of Life Style Lift?

Lifestyle Lift

+4

If you go to the "Was it worth it?" page of this website (look for the button at the bottom of this page), you will see that facelifts have an 86% approval rate and the lifestyle lift has a 40% approval rate. Now, WHAT DO YOU THINK?

The problem with the lifestyle lift is that it is a marketing term and not an operation. So no one really knows what your are getting when you get one. It's done by different surgeons with different methods with different combinations of procedures. Due to this inconsistency and ambiguity, I am not an advocate of this procedure.

Opinion of a lifestyle lift

+2

The lifestyle lift is a marketing term that describes a lower facelift that is performed under local anesthesia. The company is interesting in that it has expanded the boundaries of mass marketing for cosmetic surgery for better or worse. 

I can't speak to the experience or qualifications of the surgeons. Their advertising does seem deceptive. A facelift procedure that provides lasting results takes a lot of planning with attention to detail and preparation for the healing process. Lifestyle lift severely downplays the entire process.

Their claim that the procedure is done in about an hour and the recover takes a few days is patently false. A quality lower facelift can take a few hours and the recovery can take several weeks. That being said, the majority of my facelift patients are easing back into their daily routine after 1-2 weeks. 

The company has also been sued for fraudulent internet testimonials which brings into question the ethical foundation of the company.

I would do multiple consultations with qualified and experienced plastic and facial plastic surgeons who will take the time to explain the entire process from the initial consultation through the surgery to the final post-op visit. It may cost a little extra but you won't regret it. Good Luck!

Todd C. Miller, MD

In my personal experience I have not seen good results from Lifestyle lift

+2

It would important for any patient to investigate any surgical procedure he or she plans on undergoing. Lifestyle Lift has done a great job with marketing but there are many issues that needs to be looked at very carefully. I understand that in today's economic environment we are looking for a fast, cheap surgery that would make us look better and younger and back to work in no time. But that may be unrealistic. Please do your research.

Amir Moradi, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Life Style Lift - My Opinion

+1

The maxim I would use is It is not the name that makes the difference, rather,  the skill, experience and years of training with a special interest in facial rejuvenation that makes all of the difference.

The LifeStyle Lift is a proprietary heavily branded type of mini lift with several millions of dollars per year of marketing. In short, it is a mini-lift  (focused on the lower face, and upper neck and does not require general anesthesia, has abbreviated incisions, and takes a shorter time to perform and recover from in comparison to a traditional facelift. I am sure they also have other claims. But then again there are lots of mini-lifts that offer similar claims and are probably just as good or better - again based on the skill of the surgeon

The long list of mini-lifts names may be tough to choose from because of all the brand names such as LifeStyle Lift, S-Lift, Quick Lift, LiteLift, MACS and others So here is my advise: Find the most skilled and experienced surgeon you can. Check out their training, reviews, availability if there is a problem and how much time they spend with you during your initial interview. Great surgeons get great results, period. The best way to find one is to start with a  Board Certified Plastic Surgeon  or Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon with extensive experience over many years. Ask to see before and after photos

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Opinion of Lifestyle Lift?

+1

I would highly recommend that you read Dr. Miller's excellent description, and then read it again.

My Opinion:

1) A Facelift takes several hours.......period

2) Lifestyle Lift is not a revolutionary procedure, it is a company selling a procedure. The only revolution is in the marketing, sales, and operations of this company.  The founder of the company, Dr. David Kent, has never published a description of his "invention" in any peer reviewed surgical journal.  There are many descriptions of Facelift type procedures, but Lifestyle Lift isn't one of them.

3) Lifestyle Lift has been penalized by the Attorney General is New York for astroturfing to the tune of $300,000. Lifestyle Lift is currently under investigation in Florida for deceptive marketing practices.

4) Lifestyle Lift has a substantial number of dissatisfied patients.  I am one of a number of Surgeons who have performed revision for Lifestyle Lift patients.  The patients usually complain of little to no result, lack of longevity of result, and/or poor scarring.

I would advise that you seek several opinions and perform your own due diligence.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lifestyle lift

+1

A lifestyle lift is a modified limited scar facelift often done by doctors that are not plastic surgeons.  I would recommend a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.