Post to Forum

What's the best way to get healthy hair?

• Marsh22
  • 7 years ago

my hair is getting brittle and thinner as i get older. what can i do to get healthy hair again!

Comments (18)

Sort by

Wash your hair thoroughly and blow dry it properly then brush it through making sure of knots x
  • Reply
proper nutrition, proper blood flow, good sleep, and a relaxed demeanor.Certain prescribed treatments or shampoos, as well as on new modern techniques for growth.
  • Reply
If your hair is brittle and thinning, please go get nioxin. Now! Its a hair restoration line that has no chemicals (like rogain and others). It promotes a healthy "hair growing enviroment". There are 3 steps that you start out with and a huge line of many other products to support it. I would suggest finding a stlyist to help you pick which one is best for you. There are a lot to choose frommaking it very specific to your needs. I have long hair that is not thinning, and I keep it in my shower. Its a very good product. Hope this helps. :)
  • Reply
Ur a fucking hard core legend xxx
  • Reply
when your hair is wet, it can stretch, and it breaks easier. using heat styling products on high heat, for a long time causes bubbles to form in the your hair shaft, and that makes it brake very easy. If you have dry hair, wash it less frequently. to help your hair grow, turn your head upside down for several minuets every day. this encourages your hair to grow. also massage your head. it helps too. Trim your hair often. its necessary to having healthy hair. NEVER brush your hair when its wet. use a wide toothed comb
hopefully this info was helpful!! :)
  • Reply
Hi..Water is prime content in human body..Drinking more water always keep you healthy..Same way for healthy hairs water is must..Applying coconut oils helps to keep your hairs soft and healthy..It nourishes your hairs..

Regards,
Sophia Smith
Raymeds.com
  • Reply
After using a chemical relaxer, my old shampoo was too harsh and would leave me with dry, flyaway hair. I tried a number of shampoos, but the Shielo Color Protect Shampoo has been the best. This shampoo is so gentle that I am able to use it everyday, which is especially important with my oily scalp.
  • Reply

I say, whip your hair!

• Reply
my hair is the before picture I know that I did this to myself and now I need help to try anf fix it. Its very drybroken and just the worst you can imagine I ned help and the store shampoo and conditioners are not helping
  • Reply
Thank you so much for your comment. I have really long hair. And i'm very prone to tangles. And thanks to you I now know how to get my tangles out while keeping it healthy. You've helped me big time.
  • Reply
I'm here online looking for cures for the tangles in my little girl's hair. So far detangling with fingers first with a conditioner straight out of the bottle undiluted or w/ a silicone hair polisher. Then we take a shower and i try 2 pull knots out with my fingers. start at bottom of tangle first.
  • Reply
Massage your scalp regularly using the pads of your fingers and circular movements. This increases blood supply to the hair follicle and again promotes healthy growth. Avoid washing hair with really hot water, which can increase the secretion of sebum (the hair’s natural conditioner). Too much sebum makes the hair greasy. Instead, use warm water and always rinse all residues from hair. Finish your shampoo routine with a cold rinse to close the cuticle and promote shin.
  • Reply
Start moisturizing and baby-ing your hair. I would love to see women treat their hair like it was a cashmere sweater!  Stop overdoing it! Over-brushing, over-coloring, over-styling...
  • Reply
Shampooing When shampooing, use your fingertips to give your scalp a good massage. This will help the flow of blood to your roots, which helps stimulate hair growth. Use moisturising shampoos and conditioners and give hair a weekly deep intensive conditioning treat. Deep conditioning Regular deep conditioning treatments help smooth hair cuticles that run down each hair shaft. Massage gently, using circular movements of the fingers, then leave for 3-5 minutes so the nourishing ingredients can penetrate the hair shaft. Drying Always rinse hair until water runs clear, as residues of shampoo can dull the hair. Never dunk your hair in the bath water. Wet hair is at its most fragile. Never brush; instead, use a wide toothcomb to gently untangle from tips to roots. We often damage our hair by towelling it dry. Rubbing it tears cuticle scales that aren’t lying flat and smooth. So wrap, don’t rub. Wear your towel turban-style for a few minutes to sponge up excess water, then turn it round and leave on for five more minutes. Occasionally give your hair a holiday from heated appliances. Instead, when it’s still damp, tip your hair forward and cupping large sections in your hand, clip each one loosely. Then straighten up and leave locks to dry naturally. Brushing & Combing Invest in a high quality hairbrush and comb. These have bristles and pins that won’t damage the scalp or tear the hair. Look for brushes in my Trevor Sorbie range or those from the Denman range in Boots stores nationwide. When detangling hair, use a wide-tooth comb and start at the ends and work up to the roots. This prevents damage and splitting.
  • Reply
Roughly towel drying your hair is something that you should never do. It can snarl and tangle long hair and in worst cases, cause breakage. So many times I've seen women toss their long hair to one side, grab a towel, and with both hands, go at it like they're buffing a piece of silver jewelry to a high shine. Hair isn't cold, hard steel; it's more like delicate strands of gold and should be treated as such. A quick, easy after-shower comb out, starts in the shower. First, shampoo your scalp, and then work the shampoo to the ends of your hair if, and only if, your hair is full of gel, mousse, hairspray, or mud from your latest wrestling match. The primary reason that you're shampooing the hair is to remove the excess oils from your scalp. A healthy scalp means thicker hair. Second, condition the hair from about the nape of your neck down. Unless you're only washing your hair once a month, the oils from your scalp rarely reach the ends of longer hair. Keep an inexpensive wide tooth comb in the shower and use it to detangle the hair while the conditioner is still in it. Then rinse thoroughly. When you step out of the shower, wrap yourself in one towel, and use a separate towel to gently squeeze the excess water out of your hair. Comb it out, then gently squeeze it again with the towel. If your hair is prone to tangles, then use a good spray detangler and the same wide tooth comb to comb it out. ALWAYS start combing your hair from underneath by the nape, not at the top of your head. The underneath hair is shorter on long hair (remember it takes about 6-8 inches of hair, from the top of the head, to reach the nape for a one length bob). Also, the underneath hair is less exposed to the damaging effects of the suns rays, or the overlapping of color from highlights and one-process colors. Once your hair is tangle-free, and the excess moisture removed, then you can start adding the styling products that will make your crown of glory shine.
  • Reply
It is amazing how often people will take shortcuts with shampoo and use the hotel shampoo or a kid’s shampoo that are not good for your hair. Using a good shampoo is the number one priority. Many people overlook the importance of the quality of the shampoo that they use. They do not realize that the kind of shampoo that you use is a critical foundation for all hair care. Shampoos sold over the counter at the corner drug store have too much alkaline which means the hair develops a build-up. Then hair cannot breathe or move. Professional shampoos container fine ingredients and a generous level of acidity, which brings back the shine and adds to its movement. A professional shampoo is one that is only sold in a hair salon or at a professional beauty supply outlet.
  • Reply
can u name some proffesional shampoos
  • Reply
All Soft by RedKins works really good its the best one I have found
  • Reply