What's the Best Teeth Whitening Treatment?

My teeth are badly stained. I probably need a profesional teeth whitening vs. a tooth whitener for the home.

White Teeth! The best teeth whitening treatment...

+4

In-office whitening or professional whitening is the most predictable and effective way to whiten your teeth when followed by an at-home whitener for 7-14 days. The whitening results in the office need to be stabilized by a high frequency at-home technique where the real whitening takes place.

The in-office whitening procedure starts with the isolation and protection of the gum tissue and lips. The whitening material is applied to the teeth, after which a high intensity light is focused on the teeth. Typically 3 passes of 8 minutes each are done to achieve the greatest whitening results, and with each pass new whitening material is placed. With this procedure the doctor can control the concentration of the material as well as how long the material is applied to achieve the most effective whitening results.

The at-home whitening can use whitening trays and they are made from molds of our patients’ teeth. Whitening material of different strengths is placed in the trays to apply the material to the teeth. The trays are worn for only 3 days at a time to reduce any patient sensitivity and followed up with ampoule whitening for maintenance.

With these procedures an improvement of anywhere from 4 to 8 shades can be expected depending on various factors, including the starting shade and extrinsic staining from foods that have a high “chromagenic” index, i.e. stain teeth such as soy sauce, tea, coffee, red wine, cigarette smoking.

Manhattan Cosmetic Dentist

Best teeth whitening system without sensitivity

+3

In my personal experience, the Deep Bleaching system I use in my office with AcquaBrite bleach in the office and then having the patient do at home bleaching with Nite White, using the same custom trays, works incredibly well.  Patients get at least 10 shades lighter in 2 weeks with no sensitivity in general.  Even patients who have been told they can't whiten have had tremendous results with our protocol.  One in office bleaching session just does not work to get long lasting, predictable results, as much as we all wish it would!  And the light and the laser bleaching can often dry out the teeth which is the number one reason for sensitivity both during and after the visit. Yes, the teeth will look whiter at the end, but the color tends to rebound (darken) within a few days as the teeth rehydrate. 

Chicago Cosmetic Dentist

Zoom is great because it doesn't cause a high...

+2

Zoom is great because it doesn’t cause a high amount of sensitivity and lightens the patient 6 to 10 shades. Maintenance of the procedure is something that is important and easy to discuss with your dentist.

New York Cosmetic Dentist

There is teeth whitening and than TEETH WHITENING

+1

Anon...Your age and the depth of the stains would be a determinative factor which professional whitening system would work best for you.  We have three levels of products for whitening in our office. Kor is a deep bleaching and works on stains that are deep and works really well.  We also do Rockstar Whitening and Zoom which does the job if your stains are not bad and you are younger.  We will always give you take home bleaching to really bring them up all of the way and for touch ups.  Go to a dentist to have this done. It is better than purchasing a ton of whitening strips and not having the results you really want.

Valencia Cosmetic Dentist

The Best Whitening Treatment

+1

They all work reasonably well - In Office Power Bleaching (Zoom), Take Home Trays, and Over the Counter. The real issue is what is your goal, how dark are your teeth, are there stripes, spots, or tooth damage. For darker and tetracycline stained teeth, we recommend Zoom In Office Treatments plus Trays at home for the best result. 

Memphis Cosmetic Dentist