What's the Best Procedure to Get Rid of Bags and Dark Circles Beneath the Eyes?

I am in my early 30s and have hereditary dark circles and some puffiness beneath my eyes. It's been noticeable since 7th grade or so. I would like to get rid of this permanently but I'm not sure what the solution is.

Best Procedure to Get Rid of Bags and Dark Circles Under Eyes

+1

Thank you for your question. Although many doctors are injecting fillers or fat into dark circles, results are often disappointing.

The most effective permanent solution for eye bags and dark circles is a procedure called Transconjunctival Arcus Marginalis Relase and Fat Grafting. You can read more about it in the link below.

Be sure to find a Plastic Surgeon who is an expert in eyeolid surgery. This is a relatively new sophisticated technique that few have a great deal of experience in.

Improving dark circles under eyes

+1

Dark under eye circles can be extremely difficult to improve. If you have a history of allergies sometimes by treating the allergic disorder, puffiness and dark circles from venous congestion can be markedly decreased.

If you don't have a history of allergies, sometimes the dark circles are the result of lower eyelid fat pads that are protruding forward and creating a shadow,. This shadow gives the illusion of darkness under the eyes. By performing a conservative removal of the fat pads (transconjunctival lower lid blepharoplasty), through a completely hidden incision, you can decrease the shadows created in the under eye area and lessen the appearance of dark circles.

Jenifer L. Henderson, MD
Silverdale Facial Plastic Surgeon