AFT Laser for Anti-aging and Skin Rejuvenation

What are your thoughts on AFT Laser? Haven't read much about it here. My dermatologist recommended 3 treatments on my face for my skin damage/aging concerns. I'm 29 and currently getting Botox and using Differin cream for anti-aging as well as home microdermabrasion occasionally.

AFT Laser for skin rejuvenation

+1

AFT laser is an IPL (intense pulsed light) system from Alma. It treats superficial skin problems including age spots, fine lines and broken capillaries.

IPL works well in combination with the other treatments you are having- topical Retin A (i.e. Differin), Botox and fillers. Some of my patients require deeper skin treatments and benefit from Fraxel laser. I often combine IPL or laser facials with Fraxel at the same treatment session- the IPL or photo facial treats the more superficial problems and the Fraxel the deeper problems.

A series of IPL treatments are needed, 3 to 5.

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

AFT Laser (Alma IPL) Treatment

+1

Hi La Dolce V,

AFT laser is an IPL laser treatment that treats superficial skin pigment in a series of treatments. IPL treatment is good for improvement of skin pigment, but with sun exposure often times the brown discoloration returns. Since IPL lasers treat the skin superficially, they usually do not affect mild to moderate lines and wrinkles

Fraxel restore is an alternative treatment that is good for your concerns, will treat brown aging spots, and give some improvement to mild wrinkles.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD