What can I do about loss in face volume and full look? I hate my changing look!
What Works Best to Restore Volume and Facial Fullness?
Doctor Answers (3)
Excellent face restoration results
Excellent results can be achieved by -
- Injectable fillers
- Fat injections
- Facelift surgery
The ideal solution will vary depending on the individual. The patient's age, skin tone and elasticity, weight, facial bone and muscle structure, as well as their individual goals and tolerance for down-time will all play into the decision making process of an experienced facial plastic surgeon.
That being said, in a single 1 - 2 hour session, injectables (including Botox) are a safe, minimally invasive option that can deliver truly amazing results for augmentation and/or revolumization of the frown lines (glabellar furrows), under eyes (tear troughs), cheeks, nasolabial folds, marionette lines, lips, and chin / jaw lines.
By location, the best injectables are -
- Frown lines / Glabella: combination of Botox and Juvederm or Radiesse for temporary correction, Artefill for permanent correction (off-FDA label use).
- Under eyes / Tear Troughs: only for experienced injectors! Restylane, Juvederm, or Radiesse for temporary correction, implants or fat injections for permanent correction.
- Cheeks: Juvederm Ultra Plus or Radiesse for temporary correction, implants or fat injections (requires multiple sessions) for permanent correction.
- Nasolabial Folds / Marionette Lines: Combination of Juvederm and Radiesse for temporary correction, Artefill for permanent correction.
- Lips: Restylane or Juvederm for temporary correction, fat injections for permanent correction.
- Chin / Jaw lines: Radiesse for temporary correction, implants or facelift for permanent correction.
- Moderate to Severe Cheek Hollowing / 'Crepey' Wrinkles: Sculptra (may require 5 injection sessions).
As always, experience counts!
Temples - Radiesse, Fat, Sculptra Tear trough -...
- Temples - Radiesse, Fat, Sculptra
- Tear trough - Restylane, Perlane, Radiesse
- Malar - Radiesse, Fat
- Submalar - Radiesse, Fat, Sculptra
- Nasolabial folds - Restylane, Perlane, Radiesse, Juvederm, ArteFill
- Lips - Juvederm, Perlane, Restylane
- Corners of mouth - Restylane, Perlane, Radiesse, Juvederm, ArteFill
- Jaw-line - Radiesse, Fat, Sculptra
Restoring your facial volume and fullness
Thanks for your question. This is a complex question that has many answers.
To start, one has to decide if they want permanent or temporary improvement. The next question to answer is whether to have office-based procedures vs. surgical procedures?
With age, the face undergoes changes in the skin, the fat, and the bone. Permanent procedures include face and cheek lifting, facial implants, fat grafting, and permanent fillers. Temporary procedures include temporary fillers and fat grafting. The previously mentioned procedures will help restore volume and fullness in a natural appearing way. The skin is often improved through surgical lifting procedures and laser skin resurfacing.
It is important to remember that once you put in a permanent product, whether it be an implant or an injectible, you will have to monitor for problems.
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.
You might also like...
Ask a Doctor
Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.