What is the Cc and Cup Size after a surgery with 280 grams with diameter 116mm

34B I am 5 "2, 52 kg. Thanks

Determining Cup Size

Thanks for the question -

Cup size is a bit of a difficult measurement. The reason why is there is no defined standard. You've probably noticed that a cup size in one bra brand can be different in another brand. You probably own bras with different cup sizes.

Cubic centimeters (cc) on the other hand is a very precise and standard management. This measurement deals with volume and is the standard for implant sizing.

Your final cup size will depend on the your original breast tissue, chest wall shape, skin envelope, implant size, implant position, implant shape...
and after all of that (and more) bra manufacturer.

You can get a rough idea of your final shape by using rice in a bag of the equivalent volume you're considering. Be sure to try the rice with multiple bras and outfits and give yourself a few days to consider your volume. Remember this will give you only a rough idea of what the cc's you're considering will provide in terms of breast shape.

It is very difficult to determine the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 350 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. . Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the following link:

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

What is the cc and cup size after a surgery with 280cc with diameter 11.6?

Hello! Thank you for your question. In general, implant size does not correlate with bra cup size. The cup size itself will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as who is doing the actual measurements. Thus, cup size is never a reliable indicator for your breast size. I typically encourage my patients not to communicate her desires in cup size but more on the actual look and appearance.

Good communication between you and your surgeon of your expectations is warranted - choosing your surgeon wisely is the first step. Discussion of your wishes and having an honest and open dialog of your procedure is mandatory (e.g, implant type, incision, placement, lift, etc). I have found that photographs brought by the patient is helpful to get a visualization of the appearance you wish for in terms of size, shape, fullness, etc. In addition, your surgeon's pre and postoperative photographs should demonstrate a realistic goal for you. Once this has been accomplished, allow your surgeon to utilize his/her best medical judgment during the procedure to finesse the best possible result for you after preoperative biodimensional planning and fitting the right implant for your breast width.

Hope me that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

There is no way to guarantee a particular bra size. Bra sizing varies greatly between bra manufacturers and a C in one bra will be a D in another. What matters more than the assigned bra size is the way the implant looks on you. The best option for your body and aesthetic goals can be determined in a thorough implant sizing session.

Implant sizing depends on several factors. One of the most important factors is your breast width. Generally, your surgeon will measure your breast width, and then provide you with a range of implant sizes appropriate for your native breast size. There are more nuances to it than just what I've described, but this approach works for most women.

I usually have my patients bring in a large bra and a tight t-shirt to do sizing. I'll then choose 3-4 implants that I feel are appropriate, and have my patients place them in the bra under the tight t-shirt. My patients can then look in the mirror and get a good sense of what they will look like with the provided implant sizes. My patients like this approach and get a great idea of how they will look.

By using this technique, your surgeon can outline a range of appropriate implant sizes that will be aesthetically pleasing, and you make the final decision.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

280 cc implants likely to bump up a cup size

There is no defined change in cup size with a given implant volume.  But, a 280 cc implant is more than likely going to bump you up a cup size or so.

A "cc" is a measure of volume

Dear Zoo,

You have raised some very ineresting issues in your question.

First of all as mentioned in the title, breast implants should be considered in terms of their volume and not their weight. To clarify this, you can imagine that a pound of feathers would occupy a lot more space than a pound of metal.

Implants are generally considered in terms of their volume. A "cc" is equal to a Milliliter or "ml".

Based on your question, I would have to assume that you had a 280 cc implant. Furthermore, if you are now a "B" cup size, then you were probably quite small prior to the surgery.

Many studies have tried to correlate the size of the implant with subsequent cup size. Unfortunately this has not been possible due to a miriad of other variables that determine your final cup size.

It is important to note that many patients are uncertain about how a particular cup size will fit their frame.

We use several proprietary approaches to help understand the desires of the patient and help the patient determine their desired cup size prior to surgery.

I hope we have helped shed some light on the subject of breast implants and their association with weight and volume.

A. Peter Salas, MD

Probably a D cup.

Hi! Make sure you want to be this big. Very large breasts don't age well. Also large implants look less natural. This is very important to some women and not to others.

I use disposable implant sizers DURING the operation. We try different volumes to see which looks best BEFORE opening the permanent implants. This takes the guess work out.

The diameter of the base of your implants should be one centimeter less than the diameter of the base of your breasts. So you may need high profile implants (smaller diameter).

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Expect a full C cup

At 5'2" 115 pounds you are fairly petite.  I would expect that you will be a full C cup, or even a small D in certain bra styles if you are presently a B.  Good luck!

Cup size depends on your chest diameter

The cup size depends on your chest diameter. Therefore, the same cc or implant size will lead to different cup sizes in different people. If you have a large chest diameter, then the same implant will have a lower cup size than someone with a smaller chest diameter.

David Shafer, MD

Cc's does not = gms!

I am not quite clear on your question, but I will give you my thoughts on what I think you mean.

On average, there is about 100 cc's (saline) difference between cup sizes. It is difficult or impossible to predict what your size will be based on your information. Also, in my opinion, the actual cup size is less important than the final aesthetic of the breast. One thing to keep in mind is that bra sizing is not standardized.

My concept of implant sizing is that the appropriate implant diameter is the most important thing- it must match the hemithorax, and give an appropriate fullness to the overlying breast. The projection can be managed in other ways.

In any event, based on a 34 B bra size, you may want to look into a larger diameter implant.

Hope this helps.