What is VelaShape?

How does Velashape work?  I know it's something to do with cellulite, but I'm not sure exactly what it is or how it works.

Velashape non-invasive treatment

+2

Velashape is much improved over the last generation Velashape by Syneron. Over the past month at two large plastic surgery meetings I have been impressed with the before and after results with Velashape. I have also been impressed with the results of Alma lasers Accent XL for the same indications.

Exercise, diet, and healthy living are important components of any fat treatment, but it is reassuring that as we continue to find better and better deserts to eat, the non invasive laser companies are manufacturing better and better technologies to "smooth" out the "pudding".

Dr. P

Velashape Laser Cellulite Treatment

+1
Velashape is a non-invasive laser procedure that uses Radiofrequency and Infrared Light Energy to shrink fat cells and tighten the skin. It is the only FDA cleared device that effectively and safely contours, shapes and slims the body by reducing cellulite and firming problem areas within 4 treatments. Velashape combines vacuum and tissue manipulation to modify deeper fat layers and associated connective tissues to reveal a smoother and tighter figure. Most commonly used on the buttocks, thighs, arms, and abdomen, clinical trials illustrate circumferential reduction in these areas ranging between 0.5 to 3 inches. Patients commonly see improvement after their first treatment, with skin surface of treated areas feeling smoother, firmer, and tighter, and cellulite reduction most apparent 6 to 8 weeks later. It is recommended for best results that periodic maintenance treatments be continued, with skin quality changes and circumferential reduction lasting longer when combined with a balanced diet and regular exercise.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

VelaShape and Cellulite

+1

VelaShape is the only FDA approved treatment for cellulite.  It utilizes three modalities to smoothen and tighten the skin which are deep tissue massage, infrared and radio-frequency.  We've been able to obtain excellent results but I find that the treatment effectiveness is dependent on the patient's expectations, commitment to treatment and the provider's technique.  As always, I highly recommend you come in to a reputable medical office for a proper evaluation and learn what treatments are available for your unique condition.  Hope this helps and thank you for your time!

Amir Moradi, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon