What Treatments Are Available to Improve Facial Circulation?

I would like to know what non-surgical procedures are available to help increase blood circulation in the face especially around the eye area. I would say i have really good skin but it often looks fatigued despite having a healthy diet and going to the gym. I often find that if i rub or pinch my skin around the eye/cheekbone area it then has a healthy glow, despite it being slighty red and my skin looks 100 times better just for that instance.

I've tried tca peel/microdermabrasion on the face and various under-eye creams but still i have the same problem. How can I improve circulation in the face, especially around the eye area?

PRP

+2

Platelet Rich Plasma is the next big thing in facial rejuvenation. Studies have shown that injecting apatients platelets in a concentrated form (must be concentrated - not in a firbin matrix) under the skin will increase collagen and hyaluronic acid production 3 fold and will bring new blood supply to an area. Lipose is coming out with a PRP device in the next several months.

Treatments to improve facial circulation

+1

Endermolift by LPG Endermologie involves a series of treatments that increases circulation to the face and eye areas without any downtime.  Tretinoin cream also gives the skin a rosy glow.  Fillers such as Restylane injected in the hollows below the eye give a refreshed look.  You should consult a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who offers all of these treatments.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

The Best Option to Improve Circulation in Facial Skin

+1

Retin-A (Tretinoin cream) has been shown to increase circulation in the skin, causing the “rosy glow” that is associated with its use. Furthermore, Tretinoin cream works both in the epidermis and dermis to reverse the aging process in the skin. It stimulates the formation of new collagen, helping to restore thicker, healthier skin. Tretinoin cream decreases pigmentation and exfoliates and compacts the outermost layers of the skin.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Niacinamide, monoterpenediols, and ergothionine

+1

Niacinamide , Vitamin B3 is well know to dilate blood vessels. In fact, the marked blushing found with this medication is its one of its hallmarks. Oil of Olay is a cmompany which works quite often with this ingredient and you can find it in some of their products.

Ergptjiopnine is another ingredient which dilates blood vessels, is very good around the eyes, especially in combination with Vitamin C, and in addition is a strong antioxidant.

Similarly, if you see diols in a list of ingredients, you can count on some healthy increased circulation.

The latter two should be appearing in Clinique lines since they bought AGI Dermatics, the company that hass done most of the research on these two groups of drugs.

Let me throw out one caution. There are some products out there that claim to increase circulation. However, they may be doing this by means of low grade irritation If you beleive in the antioxidant theories of aging, chronic irritation is the last thing you would want.

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist