What to Do?

27yr old with breast lift and augment on Nov7th. Originally a droopy 36D, wanted to be same size but perkier, so doc suggested full anchor lift with 330cc saline above muscle. Concerned about working out, my health, and breast feeding in future, but am so worried and freaked out about having implants because of things I've Googled of possible problems in other people. Probably wouldn't mind C cup. Considering taking implants out but will this compromise my lift? Do I have reason to worry?

Lift and Implant Removal Contemplation

+1

Usually there will be some residual loss of breast support and lift with the removal of the implant and the breast lift can be readjusted at the time of removal.

Implants

+1

It is normal to have some anxiety before surgery. I would reccommend that you avoid googling. It can be full of false information

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Implants interfere with working out? breast feeding? health?

+1

Hello Keri,

Thank you for your question.  Its hard to give any recommendations without any photos, so I won't discuss the aesthetics of removing the implants at this point other than to say you will most likely lose upper breast fullness and have some 'deflation' to your breasts.

On your main question of working out, nursing, and health, you do not need to fear the implants.  The implants in and of themselves will not interfere with these issues.  Your implants are above the muscle and and will not interfere with working out.  An augmentation alone will not interfere with your ability to breast feed if you were able to breast feed before.  Saline implants are benign and all though there is a small possibility of capsular contraction or rupture in the future, these are correctible issues that have no long term effect.

Best Wishes!

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Experiencing Anxiety after Breast Augmentation/Mastopexy…

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the anxiety you have experienced after breast surgery. My best advice to you at this point: stop “googling”. Although complications  associated with breast implants may occur,  it is very unlikely that your breast implants will necessarily interfere with or working out, your health, or your ability to breast-feed.

So, at this point, relax and allow your body and brain to adapt to the new body image.

Continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon who is in the best position to advise and/or reassure you.

Implants and lift

+1

Did you have the lift yet?  The implants will provide more fill, but without an exam I could not say what would be best for you.

If you don't want bigger breasts, don't have implants put in.

+1

A breast lift is often done without implants.  If you don't want to be bigger, don't have implants places.  If the pleasant implants are removed, the breasts might look somewhat droopy.  If you had a mastopexy without implants and then decided to go a bit bigger, an augmentation is easily performed-a much more efficient route than the one you are on.

What to Do?

+1

I would recommend some patience. It is highly unlikely that your implants will interfere with health, work outs, or nursing. The problems you read about are very uncommon. 

Without photos or an in person consultation, it is hard to answer the question about the effects on the breast contour of removing the implants. This question would be best reviewed with your surgeon. 

Thanks for your question, best wishes.

Breast implants or not?

+1

The decision to have breast implants in your body is a very personal choice and one that should be made between you and your plastic surgeon after very careful consideration of the benefits and risks on your part. Currently, saline and silicone breast implants are both FDA approved and safe. Breast implants will likely require maintenance and do not last "forever", meaning at some point they will require replacement/removal. Best of luck.

Aldo Guerra, MD