Skin Care Mistakes People Make?

just curious what patients are most often doing wrong when it comes to there skin care

Simple. I see these mistakes every day: overexposure to...

Simple. I see these mistakes every day: overexposure to sun, pollutants, stress, and terrible diet. These are simple changes that each and every one of us can make in our lives.

Strangely enough, many people don't have a good skin...

• Strangely enough, many people don't have a good skin care program. I wish all my patients would start a good skin care program appropriate for their skin type and stick to it!
  • One of the biggest challenges I encounter in my practice are patients who cannot resist the temptation to not pick at their face.
  • Also, I encourage my patients to resist buying skin care products without understanding the ingredients or because they enjoy the smell of the product.

Ava Shamban, MD
Santa Monica Dermatologic Surgeon