What is Smooth Shapes Cellulite Treatment?

Someone just contacted me about a new cellulite treatment called Smooth shapes. Does it work? Are the results permanent? I believe it is similar to Velashape. Feedback?

Smoothshapes is a combination of a laser, a light,...

+3

Smoothshapes is a combination of a laser, a light, suction and massage. It's the most up-to-date cellulite treatment around.

Maintenance treatments are required once to twice a year. Smoothshapes has excellent results.

Mulitmodal Therapy can effectively reduce cellulite f applied appropriately

+2

In my practice I have found that the only way to improve cellulite is to attack it with several different noninvasive technologies to contract and smooth at  different depths.  I call it Maercks Multimodal Therapy or MMT.  I have never seen any one technology have an impressive effect on its own.

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Web reference: http://www.rianmaercksmd.com/mmt.html

No cure for cellulite

+2

To be clear, there is no proven cure for cellulite up to this date. The main reason is that we do not completely understand the cause of cellulite.

However there are ways to improve the appearance. One of the first proven methods was deep mechanical massage. It simply causes your skin to puff up through deep massaging, temporarily reducing the appearance of cellulite. Later, heating through laser or radiofrequency showed some promise to improve the cellulite by strengthening the overlying skin. Light energy is one of the latest trends in improving cellulite.

It is a no-brainer to combine all available treatments to get the maximum effect possible. Smoothshapes has done that.

But you have to be realistic. It is not 100% and you need more than one treatment. But these methods are all we have at the moment until someone comes up with a definite answer.

Best to treat cellulite is Cellulaze

+1
The best procedure to treat cellulite is Cellulaze. Cellulaze will smooth over the skin while keeping the skin tight. If you have areas of lumpy dimpling skin then you may be a candidate for Cellulaze. Consult with your surgeon to find out if this is the best procedure for you.

Cellulaze Best for Cellulite Reduction

+1

Thank you for your question. I would suggest Cellulaze to reduce your cellulite. Cellulaze is the only minimally invasive laser procedure designed to attack the structure of cellulite beneath your skin. Cellulaze is backed by many years of clinical research. Studies have shown it increases the thickness of your skin by 25% and the elasticity of your skin by 29%—significant claims that haven't been made by any other treatments. Thicker and more elastic skin can help flatten and smooth the skin surface to improve the appearance of cellulite. In addition, 93% of patients surveyed were satisfied or very satisfied with their results at one year post their procedure, and all would recommend the Cellulaze cellulite laser treatment to a friend.

SmoothShapes laser treatment for cellulite

+1

SmoothShapes combines a laser, LED light, suction and massage to smooth out cellulite.  It is more effective than Velashape.  Two treatments a week for 4 weeks is the recommended protocol.  There is no cure for cellulite, so maintenance treatments may be necessary every 6 months or so.

Toronto Dermatologist

Help for cellulite

+1

I have Smooth Shapes & have seen very good results. I recommend 2 treatments twice a week for 4 weeks. We use a heating pad prior to using it as well. It is very dependent on the person doing the treatment. It requires some energy on their part. I think that it is also critical to discuss with your doctor the results you can expect to make sure you understand what is reasonable to expect.

Alabama Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cellulite treatment with Smoothshapes

+1

Smoothshapes combines a combination of two laser energies that help to mobilize the fat out of the fat cell and allow it to be taken up by the body. In addition to the laser energies, it has gentle massage and suction that help stimulate blood flow to the treated areas.

So far, I have been impressed with it (Disclosure - I am one of their consultants). Patients in my practice come in twice a week for four weeks and then come for an enhancement treatment (2-3 ) at about six months.

I think that this is a nice shaping procedure. IT IS NOT A WEIGHT LOSS PROCEDURE.

I like it for people that have cellulite that will not budge.

Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon