What Are the Side Effects of Vaginoplasty?

I had a vaginoplsty 7 yrs ago and I have a hard time to get pregnant. What should I do? Do you think vaginoplasty is the reason. I have a daughter before I went to procedure but after this conceiving is very hard.

Pls. help what should I do? Thanks

+2

There are very few side effects from vaginoplasty.  However, the benefits are immense.  It has restored a normal and beyond normal sex life to many of our patients.

Web reference: http://www.drvitenas.com/vaginoplasty.html

Unlikly to affect fertility.

+2

It is very unlikely for a vaginoplasty (tightening of the vagina entrance) to affect your fertility. You should see a fertility expert about your inability to conceive.

Vaginoplasty should not effect fertility

+2

In and of itself the vaginoplasty should not have a direct effect on fertility unless there is such sufficient scarring as to prevent sperm reaching the ovum.

You may want to discuss this with your gynecologist and or reproductive endocrinologist.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.