What Are the Side Effects of Vaginoplasty?

I had a vaginoplsty 7 yrs ago and I have a hard time to get pregnant. What should I do? Do you think vaginoplasty is the reason. I have a daughter before I went to procedure but after this conceiving is very hard.

Pls. help what should I do? Thanks

+3

There are very few side effects from vaginoplasty.  However, the benefits are immense.  It has restored a normal and beyond normal sex life to many of our patients.

Unlikly to affect fertility.

+2

It is very unlikely for a vaginoplasty (tightening of the vagina entrance) to affect your fertility. You should see a fertility expert about your inability to conceive.

Kari L. Colen, MD

Vaginoplasty should not effect fertility

+2

In and of itself the vaginoplasty should not have a direct effect on fertility unless there is such sufficient scarring as to prevent sperm reaching the ovum.

You may want to discuss this with your gynecologist and or reproductive endocrinologist.