What Should I Have Done? Without Implants if Possible? (photo)

As my photos show, my breasts need major help!! I used to be 95 pounds heavier. I breast fed 2 children as well. When I was larger, I wore a 38G...now it seems my 36DDD's are too big. I don't want implants if it can be avoided. I just want them to be where they should be. Any advice is appreciated.

Time for a lift? Ask Dr Ellen

+2

Hello there,

It looks like you would be a wonderful candidate for a breast lift (mastopexy).  This type of breast surgery has several features that may be of interest to you:

1.  Reduces and tightens the excess, loose skin

2.  Repostions your breast and nipple/aereola on the chest wall to a higher position

3.  Can resize your aereola to a more proportionate size, relative to your breast size

4.  Can improve the overall breast symmetry

Your cup size now is almost equally contributed to by your breast skin and breast tissue.  Once the procedure is completed, your cup size will change and likely be less.  But your breasts will appear fuller and more youthful in shape and position.  No implant is involved.

Thanks for asking!  Dr Ellen

Westport Plastic Surgeon

What Should I Have Done? Without Implants if Possible?

+1

A breast lift without implants will produce lifted breasts without increasing the size. The areolae can be reduced in size during the breast lift procedure.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast lifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Long large breasts after pregnancy could benefit from a Breast Lift.

+1

Greetings,

Your photos demonstrate large ptotic (fallen) breast which would benefit from a breast lift with volume reduction.  There is, in my opinion, no need for breast implants.

Since you also desire to be smaller, it is possible that your insurance company would consider your care for a breast reduction.  Your plastic surgeon could determine if this procedure should be "medically necessary" based upon your symptoms, and a covered insurance benefit. 

Best Regards,

Douglas J. Raskin, MD, DMD
Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

Mastopexy without implants is a good option in this case.

+1

The only reason these breast implants is if you want size of your breast be larger. Short of this a mastopexy without breast implants is a very good operation.

What Should I Have Done? Without Implants if Possible

+1

If the current size is satisfactory (or too large as you seem to feel) implants will not even be a consideration. Rather, a breast lift should be considered. This will do a few things--

1. remove excess skin
  2. reposition the nipple and areola
  3. reposition the breast tissue to sit higher on the chest.

There are a number of skin incision patterns in use. Best advice here is to choose the right surgeon, allow the surgeon to select the proper incisions needed.

All the best. 

Ultimate Breast Lift maintains breast size and increases projection

+1

You are an excellent candidate for a new technique called The Ultimate Breast Lift.  This technique uses a circumareola incision and inframammary incision that are hidden in the shadow of the breast avoiding the ugly vertical scars of the Wise pattern or lollipop.  The breast is reshaped creating upper pole fullness, elevated higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.  Breast size can be adjusted smaller if you desire or maintained at it’s current size.  This technique maintains nipple sensation and the ability to breast feed.       

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

MASTOPEXY WITHOUT IMPLANT - AUTOIMPLANT BREAST RESHAPING

+1

Hello and thank you for question and photos. You seem to be an ideal candidate for a mastopexy with the technique of the "autoimplant".

Several surgeons have described it; the skin excess is removed, the fullness of the lower part of the breast is used to fill the upper part and sutured to the pectoralis muscle, through an inverted T technique. I have been using this technique for years and my patients have been very pleased with the results.

Best step to make is to consult an experienced plastic surgeon, discuss with him/her your wishes and expectations.

Best of luck

Andrea Marando

Andrea Marando, MD
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

+1

A full breast lifting operation is the best option for you. Please seek IN PERSON evaluations.//

Full Breast Lifts Needed

+1

You will need full breast lifts at a minimum but be aware they will make your breasts look smaller despite being uplifted. But that is a good place to start. You can decide later if volume augmentation is needed and you can then think through about the choice of implants or fat grafting. Your decision about volume may change when you have to time to adjust to their new look.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Sagging breasts

+1

If you wear a bra that you want to fill out but don't actually fill it out, then you need more volume. This can only be done with implants, or after careful consideration, possible fat grafting. Otherwise, a full mastopexy or breast lift could give you shapelier, firmer, and perkier breasts. A board-certified plastic surgeon can give you an idea about what scars you will have to accept.

Robin T.W. Yuan,M.D.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD