What is Fraxel Restore?

Can anyone tell me what you can expect from Fraxel Restore?  Results? Recovery?  Am I able to go back to work the next day? WIll it help tighten the jowls and neck area, if so how many treamtments does one need? Thanks.

Fraxel re:store 101

+4

Hi,

Fraxel re:store is a relatively easy procedure to recover from. The treated areas are slightly swollen and pink for one to two days. Many patients are able to return to normal activities and work the following day, but I would give yourself 2 to 3 days (treat on Friday, looking good back at work on Monday). It is very important to avoid sun exposure after the treatment, so wear your sun block.

The expected results should be improved tone, texture, and color of your skin with lightening of brown pigmented spots. There is very minimal skin tightening, although the crow's feet area lateral to the eyes seems to show good improvement. Your overall appearance is fresh, rested, and naturally slightly younger.

Fraxel restore laser treatment requires a series of treatments (from 3 to 5) separated by 2-3 weeks each. It will not tighten the jowls and neck area significantly although an occasional patient does see improvement in this area. It is also good for acne scarring and other scars in general.

Fraxel re:pair is the newest Fraxel laser product that will tighten skin significantly and take years off of your appearance in a single treatment, although there is a short (one week), but significantly longer, social downtime.

Be well.

Dr. P

Fraxel Restore

+1

Fraxel restore uses a patented technology to target damaged skin with microscopic laser columns that penetrate deep into the skin. You can expect smoother, fresher looking skin. Improved tone and texture reduced wrinkles around the eyes. It is also used to improve the appearance of acne and surgical scars. Usually four treatments are the ideal. You will have some swelling but you will be able to go back to work the following day.

Web reference: http://drjsalomon.com/laser_resurfacing.asp

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.