Cosmetic Dentistry Consultation

What Should I Expect when I go for a consultation? will I be presured to pay upfront for a procedure? wil

From a refreshed white smile to a complete smile transformation

+3

Before pursuing a cosmetic dentistry consultation it is important to have an idea of what you would like to achieve with regards to your smile.

In the office the first consultation is really important. It is an opportunity to hear my patients desires to ensure a successful outcome. In this day and age of the Internet our patients are very well educated and many have an idea of what they would like to achieve with their smile. On the other hand many patients present without this knowledege.

I ask guided questions such as: "What is it about your smile that you would like to change?" and "Do you like the appearance of straight white perfect teeth or do you prefer a clean healthy natural appearance?"

After carefully listening to my patients' desires, I take them through a series of functional analyses to ensure that the mouth is functioning properly. Molds of the mouth and jaw records are taken so that the cast of the mouth can be properly mounted on a machine that replicates the function of the individual's mouth.

Very thorough documentation is taken of the important aspects of the mouth as it exists and a series of photographs are taken. All of the information is used to make a wax up on the mounted casts so our patient are able to see a mockup of the intended smile. This mock can be transfered to the mouth so that it is possible for the patient to see their actual smile in their mouth before they commit to treatment.

This outline of procedures is done in the case in which our patients are looking for a smile transformation. Many of my patients may not require such an extensive analysis; often my patients need some whitening and a little bonding to fix an irregularity. In this case they can be out of the office in about an hour or two with their refreshed beautiful smile.

Manhattan Cosmetic Dentist

A cosmetic consultation should give you a good idea of what can be achieved

+1

There are as many different opinions on this as there are cosmetic dentists.  The most important thing for you to leave with is the clear sense that the doctor you are visiting with has the skills to give you what you want and make the experience a pleasant one.  You need to see results of cases they have treated either on their website or during the consultation.  If they can't show you, they either haven't done the cases or they don't want you to see their results.  

From their, if you need help visualizing what can be accomplished, digital imaging can be done which can show you digital simulations of results that can be accomplished.  

You should get some ideas about treatment options and some ballpark ideas of costs.  Of course, an exam is needed to nail down exact treatment needed.

John Whittemore, DDS
Memphis Cosmetic Dentist

The most important part of a cosmetic consultation is...

+1

The most important part of a cosmetic consultation is for me to hear your thoughts, what you want, why you want it and what you expect. Then we have a chat and with my recommendations, we will decide on what treatment is best for you.

One of the most important things that I do is to listen to my patient. I then will give you a thorough dental examination to check that your teeth and gums are healthy and take x-rays.

Mervyn Druian, BDS
London Cosmetic Dentist