What Should I Do? Post-Partum, Just Stretch Marks, No Loose Skin? (photo)

i'm 10 weeks postpartum have had 2 kids within the past 15 months. have no loose skin, just some stretch marks. am i a good candidate for umbilicoplasty? is my abdomen that horrendous?

Post partum

+1

You should start with a visit to a board certified plastic surgeon for an evaluation in a few months. You skin will probably shrink some more since you are still pretty early post partum 

Candidate for tummy tuck or umbilcoplasty?

+1

I would need to actually examine how much loose skin you have in your abdomen to determine which procedure would be best for you.  From the photos I doubt that you have the extra skin necessary for a tummy tuck.  An umbilcoplasty however is not going to get rid of the skin above your belly button.  I would recommend having a surgeon pinch your skin and determine if a tummy tuck is right for you.

Sacha Obaid, MD

What surgery do I need?

+1

Thanks for your questions and for your photographs.  A pinch test on the laxity of your skin will help to determine what your options are.  Depending upon the degree of skin laxity , and I know you don't think there's much it looks as though you may benefit from a mini or full tummy tuck.  It does not look as though the answer is in the bellybutton alone.  A board certified plastic surgeon and a pinch test looking not just at the belly button, but at the underlying abdominal wall as well is probably the best way to go. 

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Umbilicoplasty probably not the answer

+1

It is hard to see your belly button with the loose skin around it.  It looks like the loose skin is the problem and not the belly button.  An umbilicoplasty is designed to shape the belly button and not all of the loose skin on the abdomen.  Your plastic surgeon can examine you and go over your goals and come up with a plan that will meet your needs.

Best Wishes

Dr. Peterson 

Marcus L. Peterson, MD
Saint George Plastic Surgeon

Umbilicoplasty

+1

I cannot quite tell from the photo enough detail about the navel and the amount of skin laxity to give a useful answer, except that this will best be answered in the setting of an in person consultation with a plastic surgeon. 

When you ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.

Hello

+1

From your picture its very hard to give you adequate advice. You need to go to a certified PS to get your options.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Abdomen

+1

The definition of horrendous should be made by you. If you don't like the stretch marks, belly button and excess skin ( I am sure it is there) go to a board certified plastic surgeon and discuss your issues and what can be done. Wait till you are 3- 6 months post partum and make sure you are not having more children.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Candidate for Umbilicoplasty

+1

The answer to this question depends upon what bothers you and what your goals are.  An umbilicoplasty can remove very little skin without causing distortion or a noticeable scar.  Umbilicoplasty works well for a small superior lip and/or one with little definition - belly button can be anchored to create depression and definition.