What Should I Do to Maintain my Teeth Whitening Results?

I just spent over $400 to get my teeth bleeched. How can I keep them whitened?

Maintaining tooth whitening

+3

If you really want to maintain it, diet is the key.  Avoiding red wine, caffeinated drinks, berries, mustard, tomatoes and such is the ticket.  

That said, we've just eliminated half the things that make life worth living!!!  So the next best thing is to use a sonicare toothbrush will reduce the accumulation of stain.  A whitening toothpaste can help a little.  Get regular cleanings.  

Perhaps most importantly, be ready to touch up your whitening every so often.  Keep your extra whitening gel!!!  I've used four year old gel before and it worked just fine. Just store it in a cool dark place.

Memphis Cosmetic Dentist

Do the "white tooth" diet after bleaching. No dark...

+2

Do the "white tooth" diet after bleaching.

• No dark liquids, no chocolate.
  • Eat a detergent diet-foods that naturally cleanse while you eat--apples, carrots, celery, etc.

Jeffrey Golub-Evans, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist

Whitening

+1

Avoid, coffee, red wine and mostly black tee. Get regular cleanings 3-4 months instead of 6 months.

Brush your teeth correctly and use a toothpaste that has whitening ingredients.

Edgard El Chaar, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist