What Should I Ask my Doctor About a Lifestyle Lift?

Who Should I Get a Second Opinion From?

+4

Remember that Lifestyle lift is a marketing company that markets heavily. What a great infomercial! It sells a product and the product is a fantastic new, "revolutionary" procedure developed by a guru of Plastic Surgery who was concerned about patients' inability to afford "traditional procedures"......... Right? Not so fast. Let's do a quick analysis of their marketing claims.

Claim: The product is defines as a revolutionary procedure-------- False

There is no published description of a Lifestyle Lift in Medical Literature which defines it as unique.

Claim: Recovery time is quicker than "traditional procedures"------False

Any procedure, including an injectable can lead to bruising. Lifestyle Lift patients can and do have extended down times.

Claim: Lifestyle Lift is safer than "traditional procedures"--------------False

There is no statistical data to prove this. This is simply code for the fact that you won't be receiving sedation. In other words, you will be awake for the procedure. You will be awake for all of the local anesthesia shots required, and the noises and odors of the procedure. Why? This helps Lifestyle Lift get around having to pay for an Anesthesiologist or CRNA, IV sedatives, a crash cart, monitoring equipment, post anesthesia recovery personnel (Registered Nurse), and the cost of certifying/ maintaining an accredited ambulatory care surgical facility.

Claim: Lifestyle Lift takes "about an hour"---------------------------------False

Simply read the reviews posted on this website.

In summary, the question I would ask is, where is the door and who should I get a second opinion from?

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lifestyle lift

+4

Please read the passages and horror stories about the LS lift on this site and ask yourself why you would want to do this.  Then look at the 80+% satisfaction with a real facelift performed by an expert plastic surgeon and research the best in your area and find the right doctor for you. 

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

The lifestyle lift

+3

Well, let's see, what questions to ask your doctor. First of all, see a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation. See what he or she thinks you need. Your doctor will be able to address all areas of the face, neck and eyes to give you an overall improvement in the face and not the one size fits all approach. Doctors in the Lifestyle Lift company are employed on a case by case basis. Ask the nurse or marketing advisor, who you will probably see first what happens if there is a problem at 10PM. Who do you call on the weekend if there is a problem?

As has been said, Lifestyle Lift is a company that markets a minimal facelift technique that can be done in an hour under local anesthesia. I can tell you that after 20 years in practice I can't do a good job on a short scar facelift in an hour so how can these people. You should also look up the settlement that was made by the Lifestyle lift corporation with the Attorney General of the state of New York.

Only doctors employed by Lifestyle Lift can do their "patented " procedure so be very careful to make sure you use a doctor you know, who is on staff at a local hospital and will be there to take care of you in an emergency, not a corporate office.

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Lifestyle Lift

+3

When choosing any surgeon, you should always meet the doctor in person before making any decisions.

It is also wise to speak to one or two of his/her patients that recenlty had the surgery.

Make sure you see several before and after photos that are truly the work of tne surgeon.

It is also a good idea to consult with at least one other surgeon.

Lastly make sure you feel comfortable with the surgeon so that if a complication arises your are confident that you will be taken care of.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Qualifications, patient referrals, and alternative facelifts that could be helpful

+3

You should be examined closely by a well qualified surgeon who is trained to perform face lifts.  Make sure you view before and after photos of the patients at least six months out from surgery performed by the same surgeon.

Amir Moradi, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ask to speakwith a physician first

+3

You will first have to get past the nurse or individual who screens you for the procedure. It has been told to me by several patients that they never met the physician unitl the day of surgery.

Lifestyle lift questions

+2

The lifestyle lift is a trademark. It is marketed as a revolutionary new procedure when in fact it is a lower third facelift, one of the oldest facelift techniques in existence.

The first step is to find a qualified and experienced facial plastic surgeon who can do a thorough evaluation and determine if you are a good candidate for a lower third facelift. Make sure to look at before and after pictures and get a thorough understanding of the entire process, from the first consultation to the final post-op visit. Talk with you surgeon about the experience of having a facelift under local anesthetic. Make sure you are a good candidate for having a procedure like this under local anesthetic.

LSL is a corporation that is very sterile and impersonal. I would take your time and do multiple consultations. Find a surgeon who you are comfortable with and trust. If this costs more then be patient and save your money. You will not regret it. Good luck!

Todd C. Miller, MD