What Downtime Should I Expect from Nd:yag Laser Treatments?

I made an appointement for the nd:yag laser for the under eye area, what are the results what I can expect, as I can't find any info. What is the downtime I can expect.Thank you in advance,Katie

Nd Yag under the eyes

+1

Your laser treatment under the eyes with the Nd Yag laser should result in minimal downtime if any. The most likely issue you could have would be a bruise lasting 5-10 days if they are treating vessels in the area. This laser needs to be used by an expert around the eyes as it is a deeper penetrating laser and can effect the eye if proper protection and treatment parameters are not used. Be careful!

Boulder Dermatologist

Yag laser for veins around eyes

+1

If you are having the YAG laser to treat enlarged veins under the eyew, then you can expect several of days of mild swelling, and you can possibly have some bruising which will last 7-14 days if it occurs. If you are having a YAG laser for non-ablative skin rejuvenation the downtime is minimal to almost unnoticeable and will likely only consist of very mild swelling and redness.

Elizabeth F. Rostan, MD
Charlotte Dermatologist

Nd:Yg laser for under the eye

+1

Hi Poppetje,

There is not enough information in your question to answer it effectively. The Nd:Yg laser comes in a couple different varieties (see our post at http://www.realself.com/node/106564) and depending on your skin type and what condition you are having treated, the laser may or may not be appropriate for you and may or may not involve some downtime (generally there is not downtime with Yag lasers though).

If you are being treated for sun spots under the eyes and the laser is a q-switched Nd:Yg we would wholeheartedly recommend it. Whereas if you were being treated for dark circles with a long pulsed Nd:Yg we would probably not recommend it.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD