What Results Can I Expect from an Acupuncture Face Lift?

Accupuncture Facelift

As other posters have noted, there is no rationale to or data which would suggest a tangible rejuvenative effect from facial acupuncture. The only result you might expect is to have a lighter wallet.

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Acupuncture Face Lift

You may get some psycho-logic improvement from acupuncture in form of a more relaxed appearance, but I doubt that anyone can claim to be able to give a visible physical improvement. There is a procedure however, where a roller that has multiple pins installed on it can be rolled against the skin of the face (a surgical procedure that will require at least a good local anesthesia) over and over again to produce multiple punctures. This has been claimed to produce stimulation of collagen under the skin, creating a tightening.

Acupuncture Face Lift

Thank you for your question. Like many other non-traditional procedures, it is doubtful whether the acupuncture face lift actually does its job in terms of promoting a more youthful appearance. I would advocate avoiding new-fangled therapies and sticking with tradition.

Ramtin Kassir, MD
Wayne Facial Plastic Surgeon

No clinical evidence

There is no clinical evidence supporting acupuncture facelifts. There are more effective nonsurgical solutions, such as a liquid facelift or laser technologies.

Acupuncture face lift

I am not familiar with an acupuncture face lift, but at first glance I would advocate avoiding this therapy and saving your money. I certainly believe that Easter medicine has it's place in the work, but not in the realm of aesthetic surgery.

mike kim, md

Michael M. Kim, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Accupuncture facelifts are of questionable benefit

The face's aging appearance is a result of lifelong changes in bone structure, fat loss and gain, muscle looseness and tension, and skin aging and weathering. A true facial rejuvenation requires the practitioner to improve all of these factors, and acupuncture has not been proven to perform these tasks.

Laxmeesh Mike Nayak, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Acupuncture face lift

I can not believe that any of your underlying tissues will be repositioned to a more youthful location or excess skin removed through this approach. That is the essense of a facelift, and if those elements are not adressed then I do not believe it should be referred to as a facelift.

Results from an acupuncture facelift

I've never heard of an acupuncture facelift. I suspect that as long as the needles stay in the skin, and the needles are properly positioned deeply enough so that they hold the skin up firmly into the bone, than it might work. This might pose a problem sleeping however. Hopefully my overly sarcastic answer won't offend. Be careful of what you choose.

Expect no long term results from an acupuncture facelift.

Acupuncture facel;ift is a marketing ploy, pure and simple.  Only transient improvement is some of the fine lines of the face could be expected but nothing else.  Save yourself the disappointment and see a board certified plastic surgeon with an excellent reputation who will examine you and set up a solid surgical plan to rejuvenate your face.  This will have true long lasting effects.

What to expect from an acupuncture facelift?

A couple of days of swelling, if that. Nothing would be a better answer, except loss of the money it cost you to have it done. 

If your problem is in the neck and jowl area, you most likely need a facelift. If your problem is loss of volume, various fillers or even fat transfer may be sufficient. Using fillers is sometimes called a liquid facelift. If you have loss of elasticity and volume, you will probably benefit from both a face lift and a fat transfer, which can be done simultaneously. The result of the latter is usually very gratifying and most patients are elated when done by a plastic surgeon experienced in the procedure.

Acupuncture facelift? I don't think so. Spend your money on a good skin care line instead, such as New Youth Cosmeceuticals or Skin Ceuticals.