Chin Implant Results ~ What to Expect?

just wondering how to set my expectations about a chin implant procedure

A chin implant can: Balance out a receded chin Make the...

+2

A chin implant can:

• Balance out a receded chin
  • Make the angle between your neck and chin more aesthetically pleasing

A chin implant cannot:

• Correct a hanging “witch's” chin
  • Help an off-bite

Chin implant expectations

+1

This is a highly predictable operation with a high patient satisfaction rate.  To simulate the result, I sometimes inject sterile water into the area during the consultation and you can go to the mirror and get a sense of what it may look like.

There is no way to excercise your chin to make it larger, and as it is a low complication rate and short surgery, I think it is one of my favorite operations.

Darrick E. Antell, MD

Chin Augmentation gives very predictable results

+1

The great thing about chin implant surgery is that the results are very predictable. Some offices are able to use computer imaging to illustrate different amounts of chin augmentation. Once the patient and surgeon have agreed on a surgical goal, it is then fairly easy for the surgeon to choose the correctly sized implant. Recently, a new technique has been developed in which you can have your chin augmented without surgery, using injectable fillers. This can be done right in the office in less than ten minutes. When augmenting the chin this way, the patient can observe the augmentation and give direct feedback.

David Mabrie, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

What can a chin implant do

+1

A chin implant can provide overall facial harmony to someone who has a "weak" or recessed chin.  This procedure is typically performed through a small external incision just underneath the chin and heals remarkably well.  The chin implant is a synthetic device (medpor or silicone) and creates an improvement in the projection of a patient's chin; which is most obvious in the profile view.

A chin implant can also be combined with a rhinoplasty (nose surgery) to further improve a patient's facial balance and profile.

One of the most accurate ways to determine if a chin implant is right for you is to have 3D computerized imaging done which can simulate what you may look like with various types of chin sizes; we recently acquired this technology and it is extremely helpful for patients to visualize their results.

Dr. Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Results after a chin implant

+1

Chin implant results can be very natural and attractive.  Choosing the right implant size and shape is very important

Sam Naficy, MD

Video imaging

+1

I think that video imaging is excellent for predicting the outcome of a chin implant.  It takes only a few minutes to do and full front and profile facial analysis can be done so the patient understands the important relationships.

Chin implant can improve jawline and profile.

+1

Like any operation, a chin implant has to be done just right, and the correct implant must be selected.  We use larger implants in men.  It is a simple operation with potential dramatic results.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Chin Implant Results

+1

Mentoplasty -- chin implant surgery -- can have a dramatic effect on a patient's profile.  Many surgeons will use computer imaging (morphing) or tracing paper overlaying your preop photos to simulate the desired change.

C. Spencer Cochran, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon