What is ReFirme Skin Tightening?

Refirme was advertised in my local newspaper by a medi-spa for facial tightenig...will it work? what is refirme? a laser?

Refirme skin tightening

+1
ReFirme Skin Tightening is therapeutic energy to boost collagen production in the skin, tightening it. It is a combination of optical and bi-polar radiofrequency (RF) energies.

Facial Skin Tightening

+1
Thank you for your question. I would suggest Ultherapy for facial skin tightening, not ReFirme. Ultherapy deposits focused ultrasound energy below the surface of the skin to stimulate the body’s creation of new collagen. As a result, skin will actually begin to lift and tone over time. Collagen is a natural protein that gives skin its youthfulness by keeping it firmed, toned and elastic. Plus, the treatment is completely non-invasive and does not require downtime. I have seen excellent results with the treatment.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

ReFirme

+1

Refirme is the use of Infrared and bipolar RF to bulk heat skin and attempt to shrink collagen fibers in the skin providing a way to tighten the skin.  The Titan is similar, minus the RF.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Refirme is for skin tightening for thinner skin areas

+1

The major categories of skin tigtening devices worldwide involve heat generation to stimulate collagen reorganization and regrowth. As such, there are primiarlly three technologies: electrical, light, and ultrasound. ReFirme is a technology combining bidrectional electrical radiofrequency and infrared light.

Uses of ReFirme in our experience:

• thin skin areas of face such as crow's feet, forehead, and the lower neck
  • individuals sensitive to the high heat sensation of alternative technology such as Thermage
  • combination with other technology to enhance addtional skin tightening

Protocol

• multiple sessions are usually required

George Sun, MD

ReFirme and Thermage are non-surgical tightening procedures

+1

Both offer radiofrquency technology for tightening. Refirme has the additional effect ELOS. The most important thing for a client to understand is that this is not surgery and one should not expect a surgical outcome.

The newest tips for Thermage allow tightening without having extreme discomfort. The advantage of Thermage is one can obtain tightening through one treatment.

Syneron's emax allows combination treatments. If a patient wishes tightening and has some browns and reds on the skin that they wish to diminish, this is a terrific treatment. More treatments are necessary to achieve equal tightening with Refirme. I find a series of 5 to be of most benefit. Unlike Thermage, where we give patients medication to relax them during the procedure, patients who chose ReFirme do not need this. Thus, ReFirme patients can drive themselves home; a major benefit for many.

Both treatments are progressive; where we see measurable improvements for up to 6 months after treatments. We have very happy patients with both treatments. Like yourself, we have many patients who have come back annually for repeat Thermage treatments. Clients see this as maintenance and as a method to hold off from surgery.

Mark Berkowitz, MD
Sterling Heights Oculoplastic Surgeon