Restylane Perlane - What Are the Injections Used For?

hollowing in my cheeks and loads of lines...is restylane perlane best for this...or try something else? thanks for the help! 

Perlane for deep folds and lips

+3

Perlane is the thicker relative of Restylane.  It works very well at filling the deep nasolabial folds.  It also works well in providing body to the lips.  Many physicians use it to add volume to the midface, marionette lines, and pre-jowl sulcus.

Perlane is great for deep hollows and volume replacement in the cheeks

+2

Perlane and Restylane are from the Medicis family of Hyaluronic Acid (HA) based fillers. The only difference is that Perlane contains a larger concentration of HA so it is more commonly used for the larger, deeper folds and areas that need large volumes such as the cheeks and jowls. Restylane is used for the smaller, more superficial wrinkles and lip enhancements.

Lee Robinson, MD - RETIRED
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Perlane indications

+2

Perlane is best used for deep facial lines - ideally the lines called nasolabial folds. Perlane is better suited for deeper lines vs. Restylane which is more ideal for more superficial lines. Perlane is not a permanent filler and will typically last 6-8 months in the nasolabial fold area.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Perlane or Restylane

+1

You should consider posting pictures for better assessment, but Perlane in general, is used for deeper lines and greater volume loss because the particle size is considerably greater than that of Restylane. Consulting with a well-trained injector will help educate you further.

Sam Naficy, MD

Perlane and Restylane for volume and lines

+1

Greetings~

It's difficult to say without seeing you which fillers are ideal for you. Consider Perlane for areas that need volume, such as cheeks and deep lines.  Consider using Restylane for finer lines and wrinkles, lip edges, oral commissures. Lines or creases that are etched in to the skin's surface may require treatment with lasers, Botox and fillers for optimal results.

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Lots of filler options

+1

For a first time filler patient, it may be a good idea to use a hyaluronic acid filler (Juvederm, Restylane, Perlane or Juvederm Ultra) because if you don't like the resuts, the filler can be dissolved with an enzyme called hyaluronidase.  Radiesse and Sculptra are great fillers available for hollows/folds, but they cannot be reversed.  All of the fillers are FDA approved to treat nasolabial folds, but are used off-label by dermatologists and plastic surgeons to achieve pan-facial volumization.  They are often injected in temples, cheeks, lips, marionette lines, chins, and jawlines to create an overall aesthetically pleasing look.  Since aging does not occur ONLY in the nasolabial folds, it makes sense to fill the entire face, and not address just one small area.  Make sure you see a board certified physician with experience in cosmetic procedures.

Donna Bilu Martin, MD
Miami Beach Dermatologist

Restylane or Perlane

+1

Restylane and Perlane are both in the same family of hyaluronic acids that are great for volume enhancement. No product is a great fine line filler.

Restylane and Perlane for Facial Scultpting

+1

Restylane and Perlane are gel-like substances that are great for treating the face.  I use them in the same ways one my use makeup, I can reduce shadows under the eyes caused by depressions and build up cheek bones and chins.

Restylane and Perlane are very sort and can be placed in most places in the face, under the eyes, in the lips, in the cheeks.  Other fillers like Radiesse are firmer and provide more support but can't be used in the lips or too close under the eyes.

I usually start patients with Restylane and Perlane because they have less initial swelling than Radiesse and offer a nice way to get introduced to the filler phenomena.

For more information on Dermafillers such as Restylane, please click on the link below.

David Mabrie, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Perlane for volume restoration

+1

Perlane is a thicker hyaluronic acid filler compared to Juvederm Ultra and Restylane. While it may not last much longer, Perlane is quite forgiving and reversible by hyaluronidase and a good filler for someone who is interested in having cheek augmentation done for the first time.

William Ting, MD
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Sculptra versus Perlane for hollow cheeks

+1

Perlane is a great filler for grooves such as in the nasolabial or prejowl areas. However, if you have hollowing of your cheeks, you would probably be better off achieving volume enhancement with Sculptra. Sculptra Aesthetic was recently FDA approved, and I find it very useful for correction of the loss of cheek fullness that occurs with aging or weight loss. Sculptra stimulates collagen production and can last up to two years once treatment is completed. ( most individuals require a series of 2 injections done 4 to 6 weeks apart).

Pamela B. Rosen, MD
Coral Springs Plastic Surgeon