What is a Nerve Block?

How is a nerve block done, and can you walk from the doctor's office after you receive the block? Injectables are very painful and the numbing cream was not enough. I have a high pain threshold but this hurt.

Nerve block

+1

Nerve block refers to the injection of anesthetic solution directly around specific nerves that innervate specific areas. With regard to injectable fillers, blocks are often done to numb the area of the face where filler is to be injected. Blocks can be done in the office. The numbing effects can last an hour or more afterwards so the patient must be aware of this.