Ceramic Dental Crown Look the Most Natural?

My dentist suggested ceramic and I have a bit of time to decide.

There are many types of Ceramic Crowns

+2

There are many types of Ceramic Crowns depending on if you have gold under them or not. 

All porcelain ceramic crowns make the most beautiful restorations and they are my favorite for the front teeth. 

Then came along lots of other types of other ceramic crowns-I have tried them all-procera, zirconium, lithium  disilicate crowns and emax.  Currently we use all porcelain or e-max type crowns.  Some offices offer one sitting cerec crowns as well. 

There are ceramic crowns with gold and/or metal under them.  They are the work horses of the profession but they can leave dark margins at the gum line.  You need to know your options and the best choice for you and the location of the crown.  Talk to your dentist and  discuss your needs. 

Bellevue Cosmetic Dentist

Ceramic crowns can be placed ANYWHERE in the mouth!

+2

All-ceramic crowns (or "porcelain" crowns) will provide you with the most natural-looking esthetics, but one should know that there are several types of porcelain available to clinicians today, each type having advantages and/or disadvantages.  The following must be considered prior to the placement of a generic "ceramic" crown:

1. Where will the crown be placed (in front of the mouth or in the back)?
  2. Will the ceramic crown be adhered or cemented onto natural tooth structure, a post, or an implant?
  3. Is parafunction present (grinding, clenching, etc.)?
  4. Are any habits present (nail-biting, gum-chewing, etc.)?

Today's ceramics are exceedingly strong and can be placed in the front of the mouth or in the back of the mouth.  If you're concerned about longevity, be sure to ask your dentist what type of ceramic he/she is placing.   MORE IMPORTANTLY, make sure that your dentist is up-to-date with adhesive bonding, which is the process used to adhere ceramic crowns to tooth structure.

Manhattan Cosmetic Dentist

Crowns that mimic nature.

+2

Crowns in the esthetic zone can be designed and constructed to look entirely natural. All porcelain crowns can be designed to fit one's face with proper length:width proportions, natural imperfections in position, and characterizations of color.  The portion next to the gum can be made semi translucent (called Contact Lens Effect) to make the edge of the crown blend in with the natural tooth. 

Memphis Cosmetic Dentist

Ceramic crowns are good...

+1

Ceramic crowns will aesthically give you natural-looking teeth, but depending on where you need the crowns, there are different types of porcelain available on the market.  Ceramic crowns are strong and can be placed anywhere in the mouth.  If you need a crown for the anterior of your mouth though, go with an emax crown; they look more natural than porcelain crowns and are stronger. 

Washington Cosmetic Dentist

Ceramic Crowns Combine Strength and Aesthetics

+1

All ceramic crowns give patients and dentists the best of both worlds.  They are STRONG and AESTHETIC!  The newer porcelain/ceramic crowns are much superior than crowns of even 4-5 years ago.  At this time the material of choice by most cosmetic dentists and laboratories is called E-max.  This material can now be used confidently even on your back teeth (molars).  The advantage to these crowns is that we can bond this material to your tooth, giving us a much tighter fit (better seal) at the margins.  Hope this helps. 

Houston Cosmetic Dentist

All ceramic crowns look the most natural.

+1

Yes!  All ceramic crowns look the most natural in almost every case.

Dr. Alper

New York Cosmetic Dentist

Decisions on dental treatment

+1

Your dentist should decide what's the best material to be used in your case then infom you why he or she  thinks what he thinks in a way that is clear to you 

Yes  porcelains indeed these days exhibit the most esthetics results

New York Cosmetic Dentist

Emax for better esthetcs

+1

Hello ,

The most life like appearance comes from E.Max crowns and these are more stronger than the all ceramic crowns and have higher fracture resistance. Expense wise they are comparable to all ceramic crowns. Physical properties are better than the all ceramic crowns. You should ask your dentist about these crowns. Good Luck!!

San Jose Cosmetic Dentist

Ceramic crowns look the most natural...

+1

All of the he ceramic crowns look the most natural especially when it comes to the front teeth.
However I would not recommend full ceramic crowns on the back teeth. They are not as resistant that the ones that have metal.
Thanks,
Dr. Barba

Santa Ana Cosmetic Dentist

Choose an emax crown.

+1

If you are treating a tooth in the anterior of your mouth, I would choose an emax crown for the restoration. It is a material that looks very natural, and is stronger than traditional porcelain.  It looks very natural because it has a lot of translucency, and no metal coping under the material.  

Newport Beach Cosmetic Dentist