What is Radiance?

I want to get rid of the NL lines around my mouth, and I like that this product is supposed to last 5 to 7 years. How long has Radiance been on the market? Have there been any reported allergic reactions to it? What should I look for in a doctor using Radiance? What if something goes wrong ... is there a "fix it" solution to undo the treatment?

Radiance is now Radiesse

+1

Radiance is now called radiesse, and it is a calcium hydroxylapatite compound. Radiesse will generally last about a year in the nasolabial folds. For some patients, it will last up to 18 months. Radiesse should only be injected by experienced and expert injectors as unlike restylane or juvederm it can not be dissolved. Time is generally the best best to resolve any issues with radiesse.

Radiance is now called Radiesse. Calcium Hydroxylapatite (CaHA)

+1

Radiesse changed its name to Radiesse. It is made out of calcium hydroxylapatite, (think bone). We used to use it to fill in gaps in fractures, and then place soft tissue over the area. It is a naturally occurring mineral that largely makes up bones and teeth in humans and animals. Synthetic micronized CaHA microspheres are a primary component of Radiesse® dermal filler.

It is a good product for nasolabial folds. Off-label uses include tear troughs and other areas. It can be use to volumize the face, especially in those with facial waisting, (HIV pateints, etc).

It should not be used in the lips. It will often turn into round lumps due to the muscle movement of the lips. There is no specific "antidote." Some have injected normal saline into the area, other have used steroids with limited sucess. The manufacuturers say that it lasts a year or two. This is variable between patients and also where it was injected.

It should be used by only experienced injectors as it is not easy to correct and is less forgiving than the hyaluronic acid compounds.

Radiance is Radiesse

+1

I think you mean Radiesse. THis is a calcium hydroxylapatite compound that is used on the nasolabial folds and NOT the lips. It can last up to a year. There is no specific "fix it" if something goes wrong. The product will absorb over time.