What Are Good Restylane Alternatives?

Radiesse is the best alternative for non-lip facial areas

+2

The Hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers-- Restylane, Perlane , Juvederm Ultra and Juvederm Ultra Plus were my my workhorse fillers until I discovered Radiesse.

Radiesse provides excellent cosmetic improvement to the smile lines, the marionette lines at the corner of the mouth, to the hollows around the eye (the "tear trough " deformity) and to improve the volume in the cheeks, the pre jowl areas of the jawline as well as filling traumatic and congentital facial deformities. It can also improve depressions and irregularities that can occur after rhinoplasty.

The treatment definitely hurts less than using the hyaluronic acid fillers, especially when it is mixed with local anesthetic. Is also lasts longer (8-10 months and in some areas greater than 1 year). Radiesse is entirely different than the hyaluronic acid fillers being made up of hydroxyapatite microspheres suspended in a gel matrix. It is very safe to use except for lip enhancement, where it can cause irregularites.

Restylane and Juvederm are still my top choices for lip enhancement and both of these products can be layered on top of Radiesse to provide the closest thing to an ideal cosmetic result using off the shelf products....Samuel N. Pearl MD

San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Restylane Alternatives

+1

There are a number of excellent dermal fillers. The choice of dermal filler as an alternative to restylane depends on the area to be treated, the degree of correction needed, and the risks and benefits of a given dermal filler for the objective.  Juvederm is the closest competitor to restylane as both are hyaluronic acids.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Many good Restylane alternatives exist.

+1

Restylane is an excellent and reliable filler, as are Perlane, Juvederm Ultra, and Juvederm Ultra Plus. All of these are HIGHLY DEPENDENT on the skill and cosmetic finesse of the physician providing the treatment. I wonder why you are seeking an alternative for Restylane. If you feel you had a bad result with Restylane, you may have been improperly treated. If this is the case, the same person who gave you the bad Restylane result may possibly give you an equally bad result with an alternative filler, so proceed carefully.

Jessica J. Krant, MD, MPH

Restylane Alternatives

+1

There are several ways to address fine lines and wrinkles.  A comprehensive approach would be a filler, whether it be with Hylauronic acid (ie: Restylane or Juvederm), Radiesse or Fat transfer and laser resurfacing with CO2 or Erbium or Fractional CO2 (ie:  Fraxel, Profractional).  At times, I can address people's concerns simply with BOTOX, depending on the root of the problem.  A broad question such as this, unfortunately leads to a broad answer.  If you have specific concerns, I would be more than happy to address your unique situation.

Sincerely,

Moradi MD

Amir Moradi, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Alternatives to Restylane

+1

There are many fillers similar to Restylane which contain the chemical hyaluronic acid- Perlane and Juvederm to name a few.  These fillers are indicated to restore volume in the lips, under the eyes, and the nasolabial folds.  They can last anywhere from 4 months to a year. 

Another good choice for a filler is Radiesse. This is a different chemical than the above fillers and is best used for the nasolabial folds and to restore volume in the cheek.  It is not recommended for use under the eyes or in the lips.  It can last up to one year.

Please consult with an experienced injector, such as a plastic surgeon or dermatologist, prior to using these products.

Dr. Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Alternative fillers to Restylane

+1

Some good alternative fillers to Restylane are Perlane, Juvederm Ultra or Juvederm Ultra Plus, and Radiesse and if depends on what goals you are trying to acheive with filler. I would only inject the lips and tear toughs with Juvederm Ultra or Reatylane.

Ideal filler choice

+1

Restylane is just one of many fillers available.  An experienced doctor will always have more than one choice for a filler.  Different areas of the face require different characteristics for a filler.  Restylane is one of many hyaluronic acid products.  In our practice we advise our patients on an optimal filler, depending on the desired result.  Make sure your doctor can explain to you his choice in filler.

Boris M. Ackerman, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Which is the best dermal fillers?

+1

Restylane is an excellent hyaluronic acid product.  In Canada, they have recently introduced the restylane and perlane (thicker version of restylane, longer-lasting) mixed with a small amount of local anesthetic.  This makes the procedures less traumatic to our patients and minimize any larger bruising seen with the traditional dental blocks.  Juvederm is an excellent alternative, which also comes mixed with local anesthetic, and is available in Toronto Canada.

Marc DuPéré, MD

Juvederm Ultra/Ultra Plus are essentially equal alternatives for Restylane/Perlane

+1

I like both of these product groups.  Both are hyaluronic acid base fillers with essentially the same duration and effect. I feel they are basically interchangeable.  I do prefer Juvederm for lips because I do feel it is a little softer and Perlane for the melolabial folds (the lines around your mouth) because it is a little stiffer.

I hope this answer was helpful.

Steven E. Rasmussen, MD, FAAD
Austin Dermatologist

Restylane Alternatives

+1

Restylane is an excellent dermal filler.  There are other hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers on the market as well.  These include Juvederm, Juvederm ultra and Perlane.  All of these work very well.  It is important to discuss all the alternatives with your doctor.  The choice of filler will depend on the doctors preference and the area to be treated. 

David Freilich, MD
Englewood Oculoplastic Surgeon