What is Evolence?

How does Evolence work and will it fill my wrinkles?

Evolence is a Porcine (Pig) Derived Collagen Product

+3

Evolence is a porcine (Pig) derived collagen product used to provide soft tissue augmentation. Although no allergic reactions have been reported with Evolence, there have been several reports of nodule formation in the lips.

I am more comfortable using Juvederm as a temporary filler and fat grafting for individuals seeking permanent results.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Collagen filler

+2

Evolence is a dermal filler, made of natural collagen that can immediately improve ones appearance by smoothing out and softening unwanted wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds. It has been FDA approved and if you are looking for the great results with a minimum downtime it should be your number one choice. No pretest is required and results may last about a year

Gregory Turowski, MD, PhD

Evolence is a collagen filler

+2

Evolence is a collagen filler which is indicated for the nasolabial crease and fold. However, many injectors have found it useful in other parts of the face as well. In contract to older types of collagen which may have caused skin reaction, Evolence does not require skin test and does not cause adverse reactions. Additionally, the protein in collagen is pro-coagulant. This means that it should cause less bruising and swelling than the other injectables. I have been very happy with the results I see when injecting Evolence. Every filler is nice in its own way and Evolence stands with all the others as being an effective filler. I hope this was helpful.

David Shafer, MD

How Evolence Works

+1
Evolence is a new dermal filler made of natural collagen, that has been naturally cross-linked to mimic the natural structure of the body’s own collagen. As a result, Evolence is able to integrate and support existing collagen by adding structure, strength, and volume for a natural appearing, long lasting result. Evolence is indicated in patients with moderate to deep facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds, along with areas that require lifting such as the corners of the mouth and lateral eyebrows. Evolence effectively works as a “thread-lift” by building three-dimensional structure and support, effectively lifting areas to a more youthful position. Injections are very comfortable, with immediate results, and last through 12 months.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Evolence is a great collagen filler

+1

Evolence is a dermal filler that replaces lost collagen in the face with natural collagen that is clinically proven to last at least 6 months. However, studies in Europe have shown this product to last about 12 months.

Evolence is recommended for the correction of moderate to deep facial wrinkles and folds, such as the nasiolabial folds (smile lines), and boasts immediate results with minimal-to-no bleeding, swelling, or bruising.

Evolence differs from other dermal fillers on the market because it is derived from highly purified porcine collagen. Porcine (pig) collagen is a preferred medical grafting substance because it is nearly identical to human collagen. Because of this, and unlike other animal-based collagen fillers, Evolence requires no skin test prior to treatment.

Thank you for your question!

Stephen A. Goldstein, MD
Englewood Plastic Surgeon

Evolence is a new FDA approved filler

+1

Evolence is a purified protein (collagen) harvested from pigs. It is treated in the laboratory to extend its duration before it gets reabsorbed by the body. Interestingly, despite its origin, people who keep Kosher are able to receive this filler (it was developed in Israel and that country has been the biggest user of Evolence).

It has just been approved by the FDA. According to a recent study, it seems that Evolence & Restylane seem to be equivalent. The number of patients studied were not enough to make conclusions, but Evolence seemed to last longer than Restylane in many patients.

There is no skin test needed for Evolence, Restylane or Juvederm.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Evolence is a new collagen product

+1

I love Evolence!! It is my injection of choice for the nasolabial folds. It is made from pig tendon collagen. Their collagen is most similar to ours. The product injects very smoothly and evenly. I find that it is very good at getting a soft and complete correction of the nasolabial folds. The best part about the use of collagen is that there is minimal redness or bruising immediately after injection. If have patients come back the next day and they just look corrected, nothing else! No bruising, no redness, minimal swelling. You see the tiny injection holes from the needle and that's about it. Makeup can be used fairly quickly after injection if necessary. It is coming to be known as the "event filler."

Dr. Shah
www.drmanishshah.com

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon