Tummy Tuck Surgery Effect on Size and Shape of Breasts?

I am scheduled to have my long awaited tummy tuck on December 30th. I decided to wait until after my sons wedding in November as I did not want to risk not feeling 100% for that. My question is related to the effects that pulling the skin down will have on my breasts. I am happy with my size and take pride that for my age (48), my boobs still look good. Does anyone know if this is a concern? Should I mention this to my surgeon as a concern?

Tummy Tuck Won't Change Breasts

+2

A tummy tuck will not change the shape, size or position of your breasts.

The downward pull of the tummy skin is not transmitted to the breasts because of underlying attachments of the skin and muscle to the rib cage.

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breasts Unaffected by Tummy Tuck

+2

The breasts are separate from your abdomen, so undergoing a standard tummy tuck will not have any effect on your breasts. Some patients opt for breast augmentation through the tummy tuck incision so that no visible scars are left on the breasts, but if you are happy with the size and shape of your breasts, I would not recommend making any changes. The only difference you may find is that you may enjoy the appearance of your breasts more because of the change in the body contour. Good luck with your surgery!

Not much.

+2

If anything your breasts will look better by comparision to a thinner "tighter" waist after most tummy tuck operations. For women thinking of possible breast implants, I tell them to wait after their tummy tuck surgery because often the desire for larger breasts diminishes a bit after the waist is thinned by tummy tuck surgery.

Orange Plastic Surgeon

There should be no effect on your breasts.

+2

TBowles,

Having a tummy tuck will have no or minimal effect on your breasts. In fact, many people choose to have breast surgery at the same time as their abdominoplasty - so while the belly gets smaller, the breasts get bigger (or lifted).

Good luck with your surgery.

David Shafer, MD
Shafer Plastic Surgery

Web reference: http://www.RealCosmeticSurgery.com

There should be no effect on your breasts from a...

+2

There should be no effect on your breasts from a properly done tummy tuck. If anything, they might look relatively larger against the frame of a flatter tighter tummy but it would only be an optical illusion.

Breast Size after Tummy Tuck

+1
The tummy tuck procedure will not affect the size of your breasts. In contrast to your waist size coming in they may even seem (illusion) that they are slightly bigger

Web reference: https://pacificcenterplasticsurgery.com/procedures/body/mommy-makeover/

Should not affect the breasts

+1

When we talk about Tummy tuck we are referring to the lower abdomen and not to the breasts, there are other surgeries like breast lift, or TUBA surgery that affect the breast but a tummy tuck should not change the size and shape of your breasts.

Web reference: http://vanitymiami.com/tummy-tuck-miami/

Results of tummy tuck surgery on breasts

+1

Although your results post tummy tuck surgery will be significant, it should not affect your breasts in any way. However, I recommend emphasizing this concern to your board certified plastic surgeon to ensure the results and goals you would like to achieve. It is best to communicate with your surgeon prior to proceeding with surgery. Good luck and take care.

Tummy tuck will not affect your breasts

+1

A tummy tuck procedure will not have any impact on the shape size or appearance of your breasts.  Your tummy tuck procedure will only affect the excess skin and fat in your anterior abdominal wall and waist.  Best of luck with your procedure.

Tummy tuck does not affect breast shape/position

+1

Many patients are concerned if they have a tummy tuck it will lower their breast position.  This is not true.  A tummy tuck will have to impact on your breast shape or position.  The downward traction of the abdominal tissue that is performed during a tummy tuck is not significant enough to affect your breasts at all.

Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon prior to scheduling a tummy tuck procedure.

Dr. Bruno