What Does Artefill Look Like?

So I know I'm getting the real stuff, what does the packaging look like?

Artefill *is* being produced.

+2

The original company, Artes Medical, did file for Chapter 7 last year. However, a new company, Suneva Medical, has bought the rights to produce and distribute Artefill, so indeed it is available and being sold and produced.

FWIW, I'll upload a couple pictures of the product as sold under the Artes Medical labeling. Some things to note: the skin test is clear and has a blue plunger on the syringe. The actual product is waxy translucent and has an orange plunger.

--DCP

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Artefill appearance

+2

The company that made Artefill went Bankrupt last year and no more Artefill is being produced. I wouldn't feel safe going forward with your planned injection.

Jonith Breadon, MD
Chicago Dermatologic Surgeon

Artefill is an opaque gel

+1

Artefill comes in a single use syringe (0.8cc) and is an opaque gel which is mixed with lidocaine for added comfort. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Artefill is available from Suneva Medical

+1

Just make sure it saves SUNEVA on the box, that way you will know it is from the U.S. and is current stock.  But if you are even asking, do you trust the physician you are going to?  Artefill should only be injected by experienced injectors, usually dermatologists, plastic surgeons and facial plastic surgeons.  If you are going to someone with a well-known reputation for injectables, you shouldn't have to worry if you are getting the "real deal."

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon