What Does Artefill Look Like?

So I know I'm getting the real stuff, what does the packaging look like?

Artefill *is* being produced.

The original company, Artes Medical, did file for Chapter 7 last year. However, a new company, Suneva Medical, has bought the rights to produce and distribute Artefill, so indeed it is available and being sold and produced.

FWIW, I'll upload a couple pictures of the product as sold under the Artes Medical labeling. Some things to note: the skin test is clear and has a blue plunger on the syringe. The actual product is waxy translucent and has an orange plunger.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Artefill appearance

The company that made Artefill went Bankrupt last year and no more Artefill is being produced. I wouldn't feel safe going forward with your planned injection.

Jonith Breadon, MD
Chicago Dermatologic Surgeon

What Does Artefill or Bellafill Look Like?

The question comes down to whether you are getting bootleg or fake Artefill or what is now known as Bellafill. This is a great question since it is a premium product and like any great product, attempts will be made to mimic it. I f you simply go to the Suneva Medical website or the Suneva Medical YouTube channel. There all kinds of pictures and videos of Bellafill syringes, boxes and labeling so that you can see what it looks like. In addition, when you are about to have your injection, the syringe will have the Bellafill label on it along with an expiration date and lot number. If it does not have these things you are not getting Bellafill.

Make sure you chose an experienced physician as your injector, I think you will be really pleased with your results. This is a permanent product. You want the best taking care of you and that costs a little more!

I hope that helps.

Best regards.

Brian Windle, MD
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

Artefill is an opaque gel

Artefill comes in a single use syringe (0.8cc) and is an opaque gel which is mixed with lidocaine for added comfort. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Artefill is available from Suneva Medical

Just make sure it saves SUNEVA on the box, that way you will know it is from the U.S. and is current stock.  But if you are even asking, do you trust the physician you are going to?  Artefill should only be injected by experienced injectors, usually dermatologists, plastic surgeons and facial plastic surgeons.  If you are going to someone with a well-known reputation for injectables, you shouldn't have to worry if you are getting the "real deal."

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon