What Does Active FX Treat?

i know activefx is a laser for skin...that's all i know

Active Fx Is A Wonderul Treatment For Wrinkles and Brown Spots

+6

The world of lasers is divided in two: ablative and non-ablative.

The non-ablative lasers aim to leave the top layer of the skin undisturbed. They are useful for treating blood vessels, pigmentation, hair, etc. They usually require no time off for skin healing. Unfortunately, there is no good non-ablative laser for treating wrinkles, acne scars, or skin texture issues.

This brings us to the ablative laser category. These lasers intentionally damage the top layer of the skin. The goal is to remove wrinkles, tighten the skin, improve acne scars, reduce sun spots and age spots, and improve skin texture.

Of all the ablative lasers, the carbon dioxide laser is the gold-standard - and of all the carbon dioxide lasers, the Active Fx is the most versatile, most useful laser I have encountered (and I have tested them all).

I have been using the Active Fx laser since it appeared on the market, and I am so impressed with the results that it has produced for my patients. It is easily one of the most popular lasers in my office.

I use it regularly for treatment of wrinkles, acne scars, and sun damaged skin.

The typical person needs 3-5 days for the skin to heal from the treatment, depending on the treatment settings. It is ideal for patients who want real, visible results, and have several days they can take off for skin healing.

Beverly Hills Dermatologist

ActiveFX indications

+2

ActiveFX is a fractional CO2 resurfacing laser. It works well for improving all signs of sun damage and aging: fine lines and wrinkles, pigment spots, evening out skin tone and texture, superficial tightening, improving the appearance of scars.

It works best for fair skin, as most lasers do, since the risk of post-laser skin darkening is the least. It is an invasive treatment, but it is not nearly as invasive as the old-fashioned CO2 laser that took several months to recover from. As always, it is a trade-off: less invasive means shorter recovery, but also less dramatic results.

It is a great treatment for most patients who need refreshment of their skin, removing sun damage, lines, wrinkles, small scars, and who do not have several months of downtime for traditional CO2 laser recovery.

Stella Desyatnikova, MD

Active FX Treatment

+1

The Active FX CO2 laser is an excellent device for the treatment of several different skin conditions, including sun damage, fine lines, wrinkles, pigmentation problems, texture, improving saggy skin, and surgical or acne scars. Because this treatment can be painful, I most often perform the procedure under anesthesia to reduce pain and discomfort for my patients. Following a treatment, a period of 7-10 days of recovery should take place, where it is normal for skin to swell, peel, and feel slight discomfort.

Mitchel P. Goldman, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Active FX for rejuvination

+1

The Active and Deep FX laser is a fractionated CO2 laser.  The Active FX improves fine lines and wrinkles, as well as dark spots on the face.  The Deep FX works well for acne scarring and deeper lines, especially those around the mouth.  Fractionated means that the laser creates controlled zones of damage in the skin, while leaving normal skin in between.  This allows for a faster healing time of the skin, with less risk of hyperpigmentation and scarring. 

Donna Bilu Martin, MD
Miami Beach Dermatologist

Active FX

+1

Active FX treats sun damage : brown spots, wrinkles, crepy skin, as well as superfical acne scars. It is a fractionated C02 laser system that removes the very outer damaged layers of skin and causing collagen formation and tightening of the deeper layers. 

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Active Fx is a powerful rejuvenating laser.

+1

Active Fx is the newer version of the old CO2 laser.  The laser is now fractionated which means it treats the skin more gently than the original lasers but produces excellent results.  Active Fx literally resurfaces the skin improving lines, wrinkles, photodamage, scars and brown spots.  It also gives a nice tightening of the skin.  Overall it is my favorite treatment for moderate to severe sundamage and can be done in a single treatment.

Susan Van Dyke, MD
Paradise Valley Dermatologic Surgeon

Active FX effective for rejuvenation, acne scarring, rejuvenation, and reversal of sun damage

+1

Fractional CO2 laser resurfacing is the new gold standard for skin rejuvenation, acne scar revision, and reversal of sun damage. Active FX, Fraxel Repair and Mixto are among the leading fractional CO2 lasers available. Fractionated CO2 laser resurfacing technology affords skin resurfacing with much shorter recovery time compared to the traditional CO2 laser. Almost all skin types may be treated though there may be risks of hyperpigmentation among darker skin type individuals and appropriate pre-op and post-op skin care routine must be complied to achieve the best clinical outcome. Ideally, your board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon should have performed scores of patients of your skin type.

William Ting, MD
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon