10+ lbs of Breast Tissue, Am I a Candidate to Reduce my F Cup to a C or D w/o Scars or Affecting Breast Feeding?

I am a 25 yr old woman with an average build. i'm not fat by any standard nor am i thin. i'm an active person. i have good muscular structure. i weigh about 145, i'm 5'1''. they say my BMI is 27.4. claiming i'm overweight??!!?? what isn't included is that i have a 36F breast size! i would like to have them reduced to a C or a D. but i don't want the unsightly scars or lose the ability to breast feed. my Dr. says i have about 10+ lbs of breast tissue. will a reduction help me?

F cup qualifies you for Breast Reduction procedure

+1

Hi,

Sounds like you would greatly benefit from the Ultimate Breast Reduction.  It's a new technique that was developed for women like yourself that do not want all the scars and who desire to breast feed afterward. This technique preserves most of the lactating ducts so that breast feeding is possible after wards. Your new breast mound is fixed permanently to your chest wall so that skin envelope is not the only structure holding your breasts up. There is NO VERTICAL SCAR. This technique works well with all breast types. It's worth looking into. Best wishes, Dr. H 

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for breast reduction?

+1

Based on your description, a breast reduction is your best option. Depending on the type of reduction performed, you may be able to breast feed. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon before you decide. Most women are extremely satisfied after a breast reduction surgery. Good luck!

Donna Rich, MD

Breast Reduction without Scars?

+1
From your description, it sounds impossible. You would likely need a lift and a reduction, with breast scars. Your breasts may be out of proportion to the rest of your body and throwing off your BMI calculation. Regards, Dr Delvecchio Bostonbreastcenter.com

Daniel Del Vecchio, MD

Breast Reduction Surgery, Scars and Breast Feeding

+1

Dear Kimihoule:

Thank you for your question. Breast reduction surgery can be very helpful for relieving the neck, back and soulder pain often associated with larger breasts. Most patients are not only happy they did it, but wonder why they waited so long. For small reductions, sometimes liposuction can be performed, but this does little to improve shape, and is not as likely to improve symptoms. It can only be recommended for a small selected minority of patients.

I cannot give you specific advice without seeing you. If you have 10# of breast tissue, it is unlikely that you would be a good candidate for liposuction. The only effective treatment to reduce disproportionately large breasts is breast reduction surgery. The procedure comes with scars that can be unsightly, the risk that breast feeding may not be possible and other risks. If these risks are unacceptable to you, then breast reduction surgery is not a good option, and you would not be a good candidate.

Joseph Mele, MD
Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon

Scarless breast reduction

+1

Scarless breast reduction. Do a Google on it. The site is not allowing me to add the link for some unknown reason

This is liposuction ONLY. It is not for everyone  and as with traditional reductions....there are drawbacks, but it could be a great option for you.

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction Candidate?

+1

If you are concerned about the breast size and/or have symptoms (such as neck back shoulder discomfort)  exacerbated by the size of your breasts and can tolerate the resulting scars then you may be a good candidate for breast reduction surgery. You should do your homework and understand the potential risks and complications associated with the procedure and decide if  you wish to proceed.

Most patients who decide to proceed with breast reduction surgery to not have a hard time making this decision; they gladly trade the change in breast size and improvement of symptoms for the resulting scars.  Breast reduction surgery tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.