What is the Cost of Vaginoplasty?

How much is the cost of vaginaplasty (vaginal tightening) after childbirth.

The price of vaginoplasty

+4

This varies tremendously on the procedure to be performed. I will briefly discuss these:

1. At the time of delivery, repair of the episiotomy will often entail reapproximation of the bulbocavernosis muscle using the so-called "crown stitch" also commonly derogatively referred to as the "husband's knot". This is typcially considered part of the delivery and may be covered.
  2. If performed at a later date, this procedure can be elective and considered a perineoplasty or episiotomy reconstruction. Depending on the provisions of your insurance plan, this may be a covered benefit. If not the procedure fees may total anywhere from 1500-3500 USD
  3. More extensive procedures are referred to as vaginolasty, posterior repair, levatorplasty.etc. These involve tightening the entire backside of the vagina along a significant portion of the length of the vagina. This typcially requires more extensive surgery, recovery and expenses. Total fees can vary from 3500-9500 USD. Insurance typically does not cover this procedure unless an associated rectocoele is repaired in the process.
  4. Occasionally patients will experience advanced pelvic laxity due to birth trauma which is commonly associated with prolapse, cystocoele, and/or rectocoele. Patients can report symptoms of stress urinary incontinece, fecal retention or constipation as well as protrusion of the uterus from the vagina. In these advanced cases repair may entail fixing the front wall of the vagina (anterior repair) or even involve an abdominal approach. These are typically performed in combination with a urologist or urogynecologist. These are quite extensive procedures and may involve fees that range from 3500-20,000 USD and higher depending on the nature of the procedure. This is more likely to be paritally covered by your health insurance plan.

I hope this helps explain the complex nature of the options involved.

Labiaplasty cost

+1

The cost of a labiaplasty, all included, is $4500, including the consult. I cannot comment on the specific cost of a vaginoplasty.

Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

What is the Cost of Vaginoplasty

+1

The surgeon’s fee for a vaginoplasty only is 3500.00.  This includes the vaginal mucosal removal and the vaginal muscle tightening.

Web reference: http://www.drvitenas.com/vaginoplasty.html