How Much Does Hyaluronidase Cost?

How much do hyaluronidase injections cost? Is this cheaper than brand name hyaluronic acid injectables like Restylane or Juvederm?

Provider for hyaluronidase in Los Angeles

+1

The cost of hyaluronidase will vary depending on the amount used and the areas of treatment. I perform many of these injections on patients who come to my office after injection by others. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles 

Hyaluronidase costs

+1

Hyaluronidase is NOT as filler and should not be confused.

In actuality, it does the opposite of the filler. It is an enzyme that dissolves the hyaluronic fillers. It is an expensive medication even if it is not name brand.

In general, there is no charge if it is used to correct excessive filling by the hyalurinic acids such as Juvederm or Restylane. I generally do not charge, if I feel overcorrection has occurred. However, if this is a patient request or correction of another surgeons technique, I will charge anywhere from $300-$500 in general.

Hyaluronidase for HA Mishaps

+1

Hyaluronidase is not used as a filler or for cosmetic enhancement. It is an enzyme which breaks up and dissolves the hyaluronic acid found in Juvederm and Restylane. Thus, it is used when excessive hyaluronic acid is injected, or misplaced in the skin. It is a great eraser and can literally be face saving in the event of the rare complication of vascular necrosis ( the blood flow is compromised by the filler and the tissue dying).

I personally have not found the need to use it, (yet!) but would not charge the patient if I did. My feeling is that other physicians would do the same.

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist