What Causes Under Eye Puffiness?

I'm 31, I developed under-eye puffiness about three weeks ago. I live in New York, looks like an allergy - any idea what caused it and what can help? I've been drinking a lot of fluids, working out an hour a day. Do you think it's due to change of weather?

Fat Loves Company

+2

The swelling in the lower eyelids is related to the normal fatty tissues that surround the eyes. Fat loves fluid. An irritation, an allergy, an infection amongst other things can cause swelling (fluid uptake) by the fat around the eyes. As we mature this fatty tissue can move forward causing bagginess to the eyelids. At this point cosmetically we begin to look tired and blepharoplasty (eyelid lift) is sometimes the answer.

In your case it is best that you are evaluated by an Ocular Plastic surgeon (ASOPRS.ORG) or an ophthalmologist (Eye MD) as they will be able to evaluate and treat the cause of your problem.

Sterling Heights Oculoplastic Surgeon