What Causes Dark Circles Around the Eyes?

How do I figure out what causes dark circles around my eyes? There are so many possibilities and I can't seem to narrow it down. If I could, maybe I could treat it? I don't smoke, get plenty of sleep, wear sunblock, etc. What should I do?

Under eye circles are caused by collagen loss

+1

There are several things that can cause under eye circles, including atrophy or wasting of the fat overlying the orbital socket, melasma, fine telangiectasia, hemosiderin deposition, and melasma. These can all cause a shadow to appear in the lower eyelids.

If you are concerned about this common condition, you should start by approaching a plastic surgeon who can prescribe tretinoin cream and hydroquinone to deamplify the components that are related to pigmentation and loss of collagen.