Post to Forum

How was your Vaser Lipo recovery?

• J. from Miami
  • 6 years ago

How long will Vaser lipo recovery take, what will recovery be like?  Is Vaser easier to recover from than liposuction surgery?

View 5 doctor answers to Vaser Lipo Recovery

Comments (146)

Sort by

I had Vaser done on Friday 03/07/14. I got it on inner and outer thighs, hips, flanks and knees. The pain was awful. I had a lot of pain during the operation to the point, that half consciously I tried to tell them I was in pain and feeling a lot. I am in pain now, but a bit better than yesterday. I am still leaking on one of my sides. Half of my body is blue. I can see some difference in my shape, but I can't tell if I like it and if being swollen messes up the whole picture. I hope it will change to what I wanted. The worst part for me was being nauseous to the point where everything I ate, when back out, fruits, salad, yogurt, soup, no matter what. Then I had a breakfast this morning and felt better for a bit. When I came back to the room from the follow up, I decided to put some cream for bruises and took my garment off. I became nauseous in a blink of an eye. Never thought I would be so sensitive to the view of my bruised tortured body. I spent ton of money, and time and I hope and pray it was worth it.
  • Reply
I had Vaser performed on my upper and lower abdomen and flanks 8 days ago (2/7/14) Initial pain was pretty bad but subsided quickly. I leaked a fair amount over the weekend, but my pads were dry by Sunday night so we took them off. I saw the dr Monday morning and he aspirated two sections of my abdomen but everything else looked ok. They put in a smaller garmet and even added a piece of foam for added compression. It was SO tight. I feel as though my swelling has gotten worse over the last five days rather than getting better. My belly feels HUGE and HARD. I'm ready for this swelling to go down!
  • Reply
It's been just under 4 weeks since my vaser, I am still bruised and sitting on toilet still uncomfortable. I can see differences but still think my legs look bigger than I thought they would after having 3 areas done
  • Reply
My recovery was not that bad, it did take nearly a month and a half for any pain to ease and become a little more comfortable. My belly continued to stay hard for around 5 months and my results have been very poor! I had the treatment last May and my measurements are only half an inch at best! x
  • Reply
Did you speak to surgeon about results? Saying you expected more than half an inch? I mean you can get that from a good week few weeks of dieting! I thought my pants would be looser on thighs but they aren't :-(
  • Reply
Hello everyone. I am scheduled for Vaser Lipo Tuesday however, have a business trip that was just put on my schedule by my boss 8 days post op. I am concerned with this conference as it is a ski work trip. I am wondering if I should change my date of surgery/what the 1 week post op bruising/swelling is actually like. Can you please provide input (pictures too greatly appreciated).**** @yahoo.com
  • Reply
Hey guys I had my procedure on 21/9. The procedure was done under local....I had little sore when the fluid being injected but the pain settled and the area becam numb. The whole procedure took slightly around two hours. First day I managed to get through the painkiller that they suggested. Post-op day 1 I reported pain was very manageable but boy the pain and swelling masked the result. It's day 8 post-op today and I'm wondering whether will I see the result I expected to see with this surgery (vaster hi-def lipo). But I am going to have some patience as I was told it will take 3-6months post-op to see full result.
  • Reply
Had vaser lipo on knees, thighs and bottom, I'm leaking like mad! I had mld massage just after surgery(Tuesday) and another one tomorrow. I'd be Interested in hearing how others have found it? Very painful? I was still full of local for first one. Still feeling bit sorry for myself as sick after. Looking forward to feeling more confident in swimsuit
  • Reply
just had mine today on flanks and belly. No pain really today just discomfort and soreness. Worst part is it's hard to get up and down from the couch and I can't tell but laying here stiff might be making this worse so i've been trying to walk around the house a bit. Really can't wait to see what my results look like but I'm still wrapped up like a sausage!
  • Reply
Vaser Lipo may well be the best available, but boy oh boy the swelling is unreal! One would think that swelling will be restricted to where they worked, but no........ you feel like a bloated Oros advertisement! This has been 100% worse than traditional lipo which I had in 2006. Still early days to really comment on lasting results - everything seems smaller but completely out of proportion. I am on day 17 post op, and still wearing compression suit. I had lipo on arms and hips.
  • Reply
Did you get thighs done?? Or just tummy/arms area?? I'm concerned about swelling.
  • Reply
I got vaser in March, then a revision in September. Worse experience of my life. Money wasted. You are better off getting a trainer and a nutritionist. Will be cheaper, you'd be healthier and your results will be real. I learned a very expensive lesson.
  • Reply
I had a gal bladder surgery two years ago and this was pretty close to the soreness I felt after that. Just hard to pull myself out of bed for about 2 days. Going from sitting to standing or back down to sitting was a slow sore process but totally doable. I really just looked like I had worked out a little too hard and shuffled around. Was out all day on day three running errands without any issues. Just a little sore. By day 6 I didnt even think about my sore thighs all day...abs quit hurting by day 3-4. Honestly, I would do it again in a heartbeat..not that painful at all.
  • Reply
that would be gallbladder...lol I hate that we cant edit. :)
  • Reply
I was just enquiring about thighs. What was swelling like?? When did it go down? 2 weeks?? X
  • Reply
I had vaser lipo with a TT sept 5. So fr the worst pain is from the lipo. My flanks nd back hurt like I've been beat with a baseball bat. And I have to sleep on this sore back. Not fun. Still holding judgement of whether it was worth the pain.
  • Reply
Hey. The pain will ease. To be honest it took about 14 days for me to feel some sort of normality, I know what u mean the pain is awful. I had lipo on the 10 August and I can see the difference. Take pain killers and have hot baths with Epsom salts. That helped me and try to massage the area gently as many times as u can in the day or night. I suffered a lot but feeling better as each day passes. I have dropped two dress sizes and just keep thinking how good I will look in a dress which is size ten instead of a 14 or 16.
  • Reply
Hi do you have pic before and after and how much did you lose if you dnt mind me asking?
  • Reply
Still in pain. And leaking. Day 5. But definitely can c the difference. No pain. No gain.
  • Reply
Hi, Had vaser lipo on my back, flanks and tummy area. Wow what a difference. I had it done some years ago in Selston, Nottingham, BE WARNED NOT NOT NOT RECOMMENDED. There was no change, just pure pain and scaring. Anyway I got it done again by this wizard of a surgeon in Leicester, DR KAM SINGH. Great guy and really passionate about his work, really cares. The difference was instant, dont get me wrong it sore but damn worth it. I am in agony right now but for you guys thinking about doing it, I highly recommend Kam, seriously a magician
  • Reply
As for me, my recovery has been a miserable journey. You can see my updates on this site. Today is Day 43 and still having problems.
  • Reply
It's been 2 months since my operation and I took off my garment. I'm super happy with my results
  • Reply
Make sure that you try on your pressure garments before you have the surgery if possible. I found out afterwards that mine were too long and this caused problems for me. They were too tight around my ribs and caused me to have an asthma attack, and because of the length, they bunched around my stomach and caused a big long bruise line. Hubby found some in Primark of all places £5 each and they're great, nice and tight, but smooth and comfy, he's not all bad after all !
  • Reply
Hi , it is second week after vaser, I started 30min massage to help reduce my hardness of the area, but I feel pain after massage, any one can tell that is normal or not? Thank you for sharing, N.S
  • Reply
Hi , Can you please tell me in brief that what is the massage and how will it be . Today is the 6th day of my surgery , I may have to go for the same in few days . Waiting for your reply
  • Reply