How was your Vaser Lipo recovery?

• J. from Miami
  • 6 years ago

How long will Vaser lipo recovery take, what will recovery be like?  Is Vaser easier to recover from than liposuction surgery?

View 5 doctor answers to Vaser Lipo Recovery

Comments (162)

Sort by

BBDoll7 here. Today is exactly 5 weeks on the dot and I'm doing much better. Yeah! Do yourself a favor and go buy the Jeanie Rub massager. My husband bought it for me just for this. I've been using it twice a day for three weeks and I'm almost completely flattened out. You can really work into the swollen areas as you need to. He also purchased the furry cover for the massaging pad, so it was softer on my skin. Pretty much I learned, massage and compress, consistently.
  • Reply
I had vaser lipo performed on my upper/lower abs, love handles, above butt area and lower back 10 days ago. I'm experiencing a lot of swelling, which I'm hearing normal. However, my pubic area, the lovely triangle is swollen and continues to do so with each passing day. Is that normal? I'm starting to look more like my husband in that area than my usual self.
  • Reply
Yes perfectly normal, your patient coordinator should have told you this, gravity takes everything down, but will go back to normal. I also has Vaser lipo on flanks, chest and waist and the inside of my thighs and willy were also bruised and no where near the procedure site
  • Reply
I had vaser done on my hip. Surprisingly mine has no pain at all. Didn't need any pain killer. Took off my compression garment the next day post op for a nice warm shower.
  • Reply
Had mine done 6 weeks ago. OMG the pain has been so awful for weeks and weeks and the bruising and swelling was so bad for about 4 weeks. The job itself is really good, I know have defined Abs and my love handles have gone, still a bit hard in places and slightly sore. I'm glad I have had it done but to be perfectly honest if I'd had know how bad the last 6 weeks was going to be then I would have not gone for it!
  • Reply
I'm with you, I just said the exact thing to my husband. It's so hard going through the stages, not knowing when you are going to see results. I'm 9 days post op for my Laser liposuction.
  • Reply
I had Vaser done on Friday 03/07/14. I got it on inner and outer thighs, hips, flanks and knees. The pain was awful. I had a lot of pain during the operation to the point, that half consciously I tried to tell them I was in pain and feeling a lot. I am in pain now, but a bit better than yesterday. I am still leaking on one of my sides. Half of my body is blue. I can see some difference in my shape, but I can't tell if I like it and if being swollen messes up the whole picture. I hope it will change to what I wanted. The worst part for me was being nauseous to the point where everything I ate, when back out, fruits, salad, yogurt, soup, no matter what. Then I had a breakfast this morning and felt better for a bit. When I came back to the room from the follow up, I decided to put some cream for bruises and took my garment off. I became nauseous in a blink of an eye. Never thought I would be so sensitive to the view of my bruised tortured body. I spent ton of money, and time and I hope and pray it was worth it.
  • Reply
Have you see any results , was it worth it?
  • Reply
I had mine done on the 9/7/2014 by Dr Frati from MYA at Fitzroy hospital London. To say i was c**ping myself would be an under statement - I had flanks, chest and waist sorted. The day itself was very pleasant to my surprise. Had the IV put in while sitting and a little sedative, then was asked to lay flat down and more sedative was introduced. I remember Dr Frati coming in then remember nothing till a time later when i came around as it were. I lay for a bit then it started to get just a bit painful at which time they stopped, administered some more sedative then asked me to turn over. I then must have drifted off again to come around again a while later to once again a little pain. Again they stopped and administered a bit more. The next time i came around i was in the recovery room in my compression garment drifting in and out. I finally woke a bit later sat up and the whole bed was covered in what looked like blood (it isnt its actually the saline they inject into you mixed with a little blood and fat) this is perfectly normal. Arrived home that evening and all was good. I was told i might 'leak' over the next couple of days but i only had two small spots the first night and none after. First two nights kip were a little disturbed, not through pain but more just uncomfortable. I was aching like id done a really heavy workout nothing more. Bruising came out over the first few days, covering my chest, half way down my arms and half way up my neck (friends thought the wife had strangled me). Went for post op 2 days after surgery to be told all was good. Then went back for a further post op one week after at which point they took pictures and showed me before and after (bear in mind the is only one week post op so ive got a long way to go yet) even at this stage the results are incredible. The only pain in the bum bit is putting the compressing garment on after a shower (only because its so hot at the min) but once on is surprising comfortable and only a little restrictive. Just looking forward to not having to wear it and the final result. So if anyone if concerned about having it done, dont, worth every penny and i can highly recommend Dr Frati and the team at MYA
  • Reply
Hi. I can see the results. I can say I mostly like it. May be I am a perfectionist, or may be I demand a better result, because I came in with not such a bad body in the first place. So when I decided to go for body contouring, I wanted to perfect it, not just get "some" result. Anyways, unfortunately, I can't say my doc is perfectionist too. She is great, but it's not like she really put an effort to get the best possible result in the first place. So I had to have a revision. She agreed that some things should have been done in the first place and apologized for her mistakes. After revision I am more satisfied and she likes the result more as well. But I have to have another revision, my right thigh is visibly bigger than the left. She apologized for that too, but now I have to wait 9 months to go for another revision. I wish I did not have to go through all of that. My doc has great experience as it says in her portfolio, so I don't understand why couldn't everything go right the first time. A "quick fix" body contouring will turn out for me to be a 1 year process. And I am thinking may be in a year, I could get a great result just by exercising, dieting and getting massages, if I did put as much money, time and effort as I invested in body contouring.
  • Reply
I had Vaser performed on my upper and lower abdomen and flanks 8 days ago (2/7/14) Initial pain was pretty bad but subsided quickly. I leaked a fair amount over the weekend, but my pads were dry by Sunday night so we took them off. I saw the dr Monday morning and he aspirated two sections of my abdomen but everything else looked ok. They put in a smaller garmet and even added a piece of foam for added compression. It was SO tight. I feel as though my swelling has gotten worse over the last five days rather than getting better. My belly feels HUGE and HARD. I'm ready for this swelling to go down!
  • Reply
It's been just under 4 weeks since my vaser, I am still bruised and sitting on toilet still uncomfortable. I can see differences but still think my legs look bigger than I thought they would after having 3 areas done
  • Reply
My recovery was not that bad, it did take nearly a month and a half for any pain to ease and become a little more comfortable. My belly continued to stay hard for around 5 months and my results have been very poor! I had the treatment last May and my measurements are only half an inch at best! x
  • Reply
Did you speak to surgeon about results? Saying you expected more than half an inch? I mean you can get that from a good week few weeks of dieting! I thought my pants would be looser on thighs but they aren't :-(
  • Reply
Hello everyone. I am scheduled for Vaser Lipo Tuesday however, have a business trip that was just put on my schedule by my boss 8 days post op. I am concerned with this conference as it is a ski work trip. I am wondering if I should change my date of surgery/what the 1 week post op bruising/swelling is actually like. Can you please provide input (pictures too greatly appreciated).**** @yahoo.com
  • Reply
Hey guys I had my procedure on 21/9. The procedure was done under local....I had little sore when the fluid being injected but the pain settled and the area becam numb. The whole procedure took slightly around two hours. First day I managed to get through the painkiller that they suggested. Post-op day 1 I reported pain was very manageable but boy the pain and swelling masked the result. It's day 8 post-op today and I'm wondering whether will I see the result I expected to see with this surgery (vaster hi-def lipo). But I am going to have some patience as I was told it will take 3-6months post-op to see full result.
  • Reply
Had vaser lipo on knees, thighs and bottom, I'm leaking like mad! I had mld massage just after surgery(Tuesday) and another one tomorrow. I'd be Interested in hearing how others have found it? Very painful? I was still full of local for first one. Still feeling bit sorry for myself as sick after. Looking forward to feeling more confident in swimsuit
  • Reply
just had mine today on flanks and belly. No pain really today just discomfort and soreness. Worst part is it's hard to get up and down from the couch and I can't tell but laying here stiff might be making this worse so i've been trying to walk around the house a bit. Really can't wait to see what my results look like but I'm still wrapped up like a sausage!
  • Reply
Hi I plan on getting Hi Def Liposuction done on my Flanks and stomach..what was the pain like from 1 to 10?
  • Reply
Hi there.. Planning to get Hi-Def Liposuction specifically done on my Stomach and Flanks.. What was the Pain like from 1 to 10?
  • Reply
Like 10 during the procedure and may be 7-8 after.
  • Reply
oh dear im booked in for two weeks ur scaring me :(
  • Reply
Don't worry. A good result is worth it. Ill have to have one more fix unfortunately before I can say, I am satisfied. And still I don't regret it.
  • Reply
The pain is a 2 (while getting it done) and in my opinion a 7-8 after the medication wears off. Don't worry I've read the results are great..depending on the doctor exp.
  • Reply
Vaser Lipo may well be the best available, but boy oh boy the swelling is unreal! One would think that swelling will be restricted to where they worked, but no........ you feel like a bloated Oros advertisement! This has been 100% worse than traditional lipo which I had in 2006. Still early days to really comment on lasting results - everything seems smaller but completely out of proportion. I am on day 17 post op, and still wearing compression suit. I had lipo on arms and hips.
  • Reply