18 months Post TT, Unhappy With My Results?

I had a tummy tuck March 2011. In the beginning, I thought it was going to look okay. I was told over and over to "give it time". It has now been 18 months and I hate looking at myself. I have a flap on each side where my incision starts and ends. I have a 2 inch thick ? scar tissue I guess, from end to end of my incision. I can actually grab it like a fat roll, but you can feel this thickness under it. What can be done and what is your opinion? Thanks, Kathy

Unhappy With My Results

+1

Sorry about your displeasure, but without some photos to look at it is not possible to make any useful suggestions. A discussion with your surgeon is in order. 

Thanks and best wishes.

Dissatisfied after tummy tuck

+1

Without pictures or an in person exam, it is difficult to give good advice or an opinion on what can be done.  It sounds as if you have both hypertrophic scarring as well as a bunched up scar at the end or dog ear.  If so, a simple scar revision may be helpful.  However, the best advice is to follow up either with your original surgeon or another board-certified plastic surgeon and find out what your options are.  Good luck!

Naveen Setty, MD, FACS

Dog Ear Scars

+1

Base on your description, it sounds like you have a "standing cone" or "dog ear" scar deformity. Most likely, the best option for improvement is a scar revision. I recommend making an appointment with your plastic surgeon to discuss the options for improvement in the appearance of your scars.

Thank you for your question. Best of Luck!

Gregory C. Park, M.D.

Gregory Park, MD

Unhappy With My Tummy Tuck Scar Results

+1

It would have been great if you could have added one or two photographs of your tummy. from your description it sounds as if you are not happy with the prominences at the ends (ie "dog Ears") and the scar thickness (? Scar hypertrophy or even keloid). Poor scarring after a Tummy Tuck can be related to YOUR genetics (all olive, Asian, Dark or American Indian skin), to the surgical technique or subsequent complications or just plain bad luck. At 18 months the wound is healed and you are seeing the final result. I would discuss it with your surgeon and see if a SCAR REVISION would correct these issues.

Good Luck.

Unhappy after Tummy Tuck?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction after tummy tuck surgery.  As you can imagine, it is not possible to give you precise advice without direct examination or (at least) viewing pictures. My best advice is, assuming your surgery was done by a board certified plastic surgeon, that you follow-up with him/her;  communicate your concerns/questions in a  calm and constructive fashion. Hopefully, revisionary surgery will be possible and lead to a result you will be very pleased with.