i was playing hockey and got hit with the puck in the forehead leaving a star shaped gash that needed 16 stitches and its still really bumpy and noticable, what can i do to fix this?????
Hockey Puck Gash on Forehead. Options to Fix?
Doctor Answers (2)
Wound care to get the best scar
Dear Shattler, Sorry to hear about the puck to your forehead. You can start off with the following:
- If there is crusting around the cuts edges, these should be cleaned off with mild soap and water.
- After the sutures have been removed, use antibiotic ointment only sparingly and only on the raw areas
- keep the area covered until the raw areas have healed.
- For the next year or so, you will need to wear sunscreen everyday, especially if you head to Banff here the UV rays are intense.
Seek a consult with a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon (try Dr. Chris Doherty at Univ. of Calgary after a few months.
- Dermabrasion, laser resurfacing, or scar revision are possible.
Best of luck
Fractional co2 laser skin resurfacing for a forehead scar
Layered closure or layered scar revision surgery will help the scar in the early phase, followed by fractional co2 laser skin resurfacing.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.
You might also like...
Ask a Doctor
Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.