Hockey Puck Gash on Forehead. Options to Fix?
- Asked by shattler in Calgary, AB
- 2 years ago
i was playing hockey and got hit with the puck in the forehead leaving a star shaped gash that needed 16 stitches and its still really bumpy and noticable, what can i do to fix this?????
Wound care to get the best scar
Dear Shattler, Sorry to hear about the puck to your forehead. You can start off with the following:
- If there is crusting around the cuts edges, these should be cleaned off with mild soap and water.
- After the sutures have been removed, use antibiotic ointment only sparingly and only on the raw areas
- keep the area covered until the raw areas have healed.
- For the next year or so, you will need to wear sunscreen everyday, especially if you head to Banff here the UV rays are intense.
Seek a consult with a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon (try Dr. Chris Doherty at Univ. of Calgary after a few months.
- Dermabrasion, laser resurfacing, or scar revision are possible.
Best of luck
Fractional co2 laser skin resurfacing for a forehead scar
Layered closure or layered scar revision surgery will help the scar in the early phase, followed by fractional co2 laser skin resurfacing.