Post to Forum

Best tips to get glowing skin

• Gina
  • 6 years ago

Have you found that exfoliation is the only way to get a glow back?

Comments (21)

Sort by

Also always wear sun block or sun protection to cover your skin from harmful uv light. Sun exposure is one of the most harmful thing in our face. You can use sunblock gel, lotion or cream. There are also mineral foundation which already have SPF.
  • Reply
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

This comment does not follow our Community Guidelines and/or Terms of Service. We reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.
  • Reply
you get a glow back drink fruit juice and company cream.
  • Reply
I do like to know what is your skin type then only can advice you which is the best tip to get a glowing skin.
  • Reply
To get beautiful and glowing skin you need to follow good skin care routine. I share some tips for skin: - Water helps to remove toxins from our body. It keeps our body hydrated. So, drink plenty of water throughout the day. Dehydration makes our skin dry. - Harmful ultraviolet rays damage our skin. So, always wear sunscreen prior to 30 minutes when you step out in the sun. - Vitamin C is very beneficial to our skin. So eat more vitamin C rich diet. - Wash your face twice a day with mild cleanser. - Exercise is most important for our health. So do exercise for half an hour daily. - Aloe vera is a miracle plant for all skin problems. Apply aloe vera juice daily on the face for 15 minutes. It will not only make your skin glowing and beautiful but also you will never get wrinkles. These are tips which I follow for my skin.
  • Reply
In addition to the mentioned fact about eating fruits taking Vitamin rich food and vegetables you can also use Kojic acid with vitamin C. For maintaining the skin and its related disorder, Kojic acid and vitamin C plays a vital role. Vitamin C acts as anti-oxidant that has an important function in keeping the texture of skin healthy. On the other hand, kojic acid functions by preventing the construction of melanin and also lightens the complexion of the skin, When both kojic acid and vitamin C is combined, it helps in decreasing the wrinkles and fine lines that can be seen on the skin.
  • Reply
Eat fruits that are rich in vitamin C like; mandarin oranges, lemons, limes. Berries is rich in vitamin c too. Eat at least one piece or slice of fruits every day. Add some vegetables to your meal or snacks. Carrots is rich in beta carotene that can prevent premature aging. You can exfoliate your face by using honey and almond or put a natural facial mask every weekend.
  • Reply
Yes newsammy, Vitamin C is a natural skin brightener and also plays a vital role in the production of collagen. I always recommended using a Topical vitamin C especially to my clients with a lot of sun damage and who smoke. One of my favorite Vitamin C Lines is from Image Skincare. It is affordable and packed with anti aging ingredients.
  • Reply
I am using the Essenzza Japanese Natural Facial Treatment mask every weekend. It has Moroccan Argan oil and Vitamin C. I really love this product because it works for my skin. It relaxes and rejuvenated my skin also. You can purchase this online and it has no paraben and sulphate.
  • Reply
To get a glowing skin you need to drink lot of water and follow a proper diet which includes healthy food. Besides doing this the most important thing is the quality of skin care products you are using. These products play a major role in making the skin glow. You should always go for natural and luxury products like Yllume which are very effective.
  • Reply
Use skin products made to give you glowing skin. eye rid Serum specifically to give you skin a healthy glow.
  • Reply
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

• Reply
If your serious about improving your skin, find a Licensed Esthetician and have a skin care consultation. There are many products and treatments available. AHA's, retinols, peptides and professional treatments will repair, correct and get your skin healthy and glowing! Of course a balanced diet high in fruits and vegetables, water and sunscreen protection are mandatory for keeping the glow and maintaining healthy skin.
  • Reply
I agree, well said.
  • Reply
People stop me all the time and compliment my glowing skin tone. I think it is due to using our product line : Aqua Tan Gentle Purifying Gelee, Self Tanning SkinTreatment for Faces, Self Tanning Body Milk, and Sensual Tan Extender.
  • Reply
I wish all of my clients would start giving themselves facial massages. Just taking a few minutes to massage while in the shower or bath really gets the circulation going and gives the complexion a healthy glow. By increasing circulation, the blood can deliver nutrients to the cells, so your skin will be healthier and look refreshed. Start with small circular movements around your face followed by light pressure with your fingertips around the eyes, sinuses, and areas of tension. Complete the massage with more circular movements. Adding this to your routine will be relaxing for you and beneficial to your skin.
  • Reply
Dull, tired skin is affected by how we are taking care of our body, in addition to environmental stressors. The best way to transform dull skin is to begin from the inside out, by drinking water and rehydrating the system. You should also hydrate the skin externally as well. There are amazing treatment products for at-home use that are available to completely transform your dull skin. You can choose the product type you are most comfortable with, ranging from a cleanser and tonic, exfoliant, mask, peel, moisturizer and finally, a brightening/lightening complex. Our recommendation is to speak to an Esthetician to discuss your specific skin type as well as an at-home treatment you would be comfortable with and have the time to commit to. Orange Blossom Spa has Estheticians waiting to respond to your questions as well if you do not have access to a regular spa professional. Our customers e-mail their general questions and our Esthetician can respond to them to help them design the perfect at-home treatment.
  • Reply
If your skin is looking dull, one easy fix is to simply exfoliate. You should never manually exfoliate the face using a scrubbing action with a towel; doing this will break down the collagen and elastin fibers and in time, the skin will age prematurely. Make an appointment with a skin care professional and explain the concerns which brought you there, and together, map out a path to rid the skin of all the excessive build up of dead skin. The end result may be met with a simple change in skin care regime or doing a series of skin resurfacing (peels or microdermabrasion).
  • Reply
A gentle daily scrub product to wash away dull outer skin cells can restore a youthful glow. Beware of scrubs that contain sharp-edged fruit seeds, which can cause microscopic punctures (that bacteria adore) in your delicate skin if used too vigorously.
  • Reply
Exfoliate 2 or 3 times per week using a gentle scrub Use a moisturizer with active ingredients like Salicylic, Glycolic, or Alpha Hydroxy Acids to keep skin renewing itself
  • Reply
Daily moisturizers and periodic microdermabrasion restores the natural glow to dull skin. Combination creams that gently exfoliate and moisturize are a necessity to remove dull skin appearance. Microdermabrasion, sometimes combined with IPL or Genesis provide a “laser facial” with immediate positive effects on dull skin.
  • Reply