I saw an advertising of brite smile in the city and wasnt sure what it was. is this a new kind of teeth bleaching or a dentist whitning that i can only get during an apointment?
What is Brite Smile?
Doctor Answers 4
5 tips about Brite Smile
BriteSmile is a professional, chair-side whitening system that offers patients a safe and effective way to brighten their smiles.
- The system has proven to whiten about 9 shades per hour. BriteSmile teeth whitening uses a ‘Procedural Gel’ as the bleaching provider. The gel has a 15% hydrogen peroxide base which serves as the bleaching compound.
- An accelerator, which is placed on prior to the gel application, ultimately enhances the whitening procedure. BriteSmile is safe; the whitening procedure will not ruin or harm the enamel protecting the tooth.
- SmileBrite is pre-packaged and easy to use. The treatment takes about 60 minutes in total. Each session is broken down into two applications of the whitening material, and each application takes 20 minutes.
- The system requires the use of either gas plasma or a LED bleaching light which is be done at the dental office. Light is directed onto the correct position and simultaneously illuminates all the teeth that are to be bleached. Fortunately, the light used with the
- BriteSmile does not usually cause post-op sensitivity on the newly bleached teeth. Furthermore, BrightSmile’s patented LED technology has the ability to kill noxious bacteria on the tooth. Results usually last 2-4 years, but some prefer to the do the BriteSmile more frequently.
All in all, BriteSmile is unique technique in that it accomplishes white, bright smiles in just a fraction of the time.
Have a question? Ask a doctor
Brite smile is an in-office whitening system that uses hydrogen peroxide and light energy to whiten teeth.
This method has been around for over 10 years. It is an in office process using hydrogen peroxide and a chairside light. It does work, but effectiveness varies from patient to patient...
You might also like...
Brite Smile is a great way to brighten your teeth, but a few things must be kept in mind as you're doing it. Remember that it is an in-office professional, whitening treatment. A gel which contains hydrogen peroxide is used, followed by a light that is either gas plasma or LED. The procedure is safe, and will not harm your teeth. It does work, but the final results will vary from patient to patient.